- 6 weeks long
- 12-13 hours per week, per course
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- Taught by: Armando Fox, David Patterson, Sam Joseph
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
You will learn the Ruby programming language and Ruby on Rails mvc web application framework.
This program will introduce Agile, which used by 60-80% of all programming teams, and by the majority of programming teams distributed across the globe. You will learn Agile through a “learn by doing” approach in which you use the same tools and techniques as professionals, such as test-driven development (TDD), behavior-driven design, continuous integration, and continuous deployment onto the public cloud.
- Median salary for full-stack web developers is $105,000 in US, and median salary for Ruby developers is $95,000. (StackOverflow developer survey results 2016)
- Cloud and distributed computing is #1 Top Skill (now 2 years running) according to LinkedIn’s Global Top Skills of 2016. (LinkedIn)
- The program teaches Agile in the context of developing Web-based services. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects about 27% employment growth for web developers by 2024.
Agile Development Using Ruby on Rails – The Basics
- Learn Software as a Service (SaaS) using Ruby on Rails.
Agile Development Using Ruby on Rails – Advanced
- Learn how to apply Agile techniques to enhance and refactor legacy code to become a true Ruby on Rails developer.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to apply fundamental Ruby on Rails programming techniques to the design, development, testing, and public cloud deployment of an Software as a Service (SaaS) application
- How modern programming language features in Ruby on Rails can improve productivity and code maintainability through techniques like Behavior Driven Design and Test Driven Development
- How to practice deployment of apps to real users, including how to monitor performance, identify and fix common performance problems, and avoid compromising customer data
- How to apply Agile techniques to enhance and refactor legacy code to become a true Ruby on Rails developer
- How to create more sophisticated apps by adding relationships between models within the Ruby on Rails framework