- 4 weeks per course
- 8-10 hours per week, per course
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- Taught by: Professor John Fischetti, Dr Scott Imig
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
The Leadership and Management in Education Professional Certificate program will develop your skills in leading, supporting, and positively transforming learning organizations. You should check out more leadership courses with certificates from other universities.
You will acquire skills in:
- leadership techniques
- change management
- conflict resolution, and
- stakeholder engagement.
You will learn what high-quality leadership looks like in multiple industry contexts, review current research in educational leadership, and apply your new skills in the workplace. You will craft an organisational vision and develop a personal action plan to implement now, and in the future.
Each course in the program supports practical application of an evidence-based theoretical framework. The coursework is driven by ground-breaking research teamed with leadership and management capacity building. The Professional Certificate program is registered for teacher professional development with the New South Wales Educational Standards Authority (NESA), Australia.
The program has been developed by Professor John Fischetti and Dr Scott Imig, with over 50 years of experience between them in improving the preparation of educators and the quality of teaching and learning in classrooms around the world.
The courses in this program are accredited by NESA (New South Wales Educational Standards Authority) as noted below. Recognition of these courses as lead teacher professional development may also apply in your state or country. Please contact your accrediting body for any processes that apply in your jurisdiction if you are seeking completion as evidence for professional development credit.
The University of Newcastle has one of the largest schools of education in Australia, and rated in the Top 100 universities for Education in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017.
- This program will prepare you for advancing your career as a head teacher, assistant or deputy principal, principal, organizational leader, or in policy and/or advisory roles in educational boards or governance.
Developing Your Educational Leadership and Management Vision
- Develop your leadership and management skills to establish a school vision, support your staff and make meaningful change in your school or organization.
Applying Strategic Leadership in Education
- Learn strategic leadership perspectives and practices and how to apply them in your workplace. Investigate the transformative behaviours and beliefs of leaders aligned with your current educational organisation.
Leading Trans formative Change in Education
- Develop a comprehensive plan for increasing your personal leadership capacity to effect meaningful change now and into the future.
You might also be interested in International Leadership and Organizational Behavioral course from Bocconi.
What You’ll Learn:
- Develop a personal leadership philosophy and plan
- Analyse the leadership practices and philosophies of current and former organisational leaders
- Identify methods to energise your staff towards the creation of efficient and effective organisations
- Develop coaching capacities to improve your ability to lead your team