- via Udemy.com
- 9 Hours on-demand videos
- 1,815+ already enrolled!
- 4.1 ★★★★★ (227 Ratings)
- 1,100 + students enrolled
- 113 Review available
- 2 Articles
- 23 downloadable resources
- Access on Mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Access
- 30 days Money back guarantee
Learn how to create data visualizations in Tableau and how to use R from within Tableau
- Basic knowledge about data science and data visualization
- Enthusiasm to learn about advanced visualization tools
- Tableau 10 or 2018 on your machine (Professional or Public)
- You should have some R skills (for the R part of the course)
Explore the convincing power of Tableau!
Do you want to create overwhelming plots?
Do you want to show your data crystal clear?
Do you want your data to be understood by everyone?
Do you want a versatile graphics toolbox?
Do you want powerful formatting skills?
Do you want to add R functionality to Tableau?
If you answered YES to some of these questions – this course is for you!
Data is useless if you do not have the right tools to build informative graphs and tables (called views in Tableau). Plots need to be understood easily while being accurate at the same time. We gladly enlarge your data analysis toolbox so that you can thrive in your career.
Tableau is a prime platform for all sorts of data visualization. By adding R analytics power to the software you can tremendously enhance the functionality of Tableau.
In this course you will learn
which Tableau product to choose
how to load/connect to different file types
how to store Tableau work
plotting different types of charts
you will learn how to embed R code into Tableau and how to use R calculations in charts
and much more
Once you finish the course, you will be a skilled Tableau data scientist. You will be able to use Tableau to optimally visualize your data. This knowledge can be applied in sales, management, science, finance, online business and much more.
Just take the course and explore the magic of Tableau!
Who this course is for:
- You should have some R knowledge in order to make full usage of the Tableau/R connection
- The course is for Tableau beginners and for students looking to get better with Tableau
- You should take the course if you want to find out which Tableau product might be best suited to you
What you’ll learn:
- identify which Tableau product suits your needs
- exploring Tableau’s data visualization and analytics toolbox
- shaping and formatting visualizations (color, axes, marks, titles, annotations)
- fusing data of a single or different sources with techniques like joins, data blending or union
- understanding Tableau calculation types and aggregations (custom calculations, table calculations, LOD expressions)
- structuring data within Tableau (hierarchies, filters, creating new data out of existing data)
- creating dashboards and stories
- connecting to R / using R from within Tableau
- R examples (outlier detection, modeling,
More Related Courses:
Data Visualization for All
Trinity College via edX
6 Weeks of effort required
Skill Level: Introductory
Data Visualization and Communication with Tableau
Duke University via Coursera
25 hours of effort required
131,528 students enrolled!
★★★★★ (2,269 Ratings)
This Course is Part of Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business Specialization
Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau
University of California Davis via Coursera
72 hours of effort required
42,683 students enrolled!
★★★★★ (7,177 Ratings)
This Course is Part of Data Visualization with Tableau Specialization
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.