This specialization contains a number of courses that will enable learners to understand the fundamentals of computing. There are a total of 7 courses in this fundamental of computing specialization and taking these courses will result in developing a number of skills like what is recursion, what are different algorithms, what is Python programming and how it works, what is dynamic programming, how to write different programming codes using python, what are different principles of computing and much more.
This specialization also includes a capstone exam that will help learners to evaluate how much skills they have managed to develop. Thus taking this specialization can consider to be a complete package in learning the fundamentals of computing.
- 8 months to complete
- 6 hours per week
- Study Type: Self-Paced
- Taught by: Luay Nakhleh, Scott Rixner, Stephen Wong, Joe Warren, John Greiner
- View Course Syllabus
Who should take this Fundamentals of Computing Specialization?
This is a type of course that can be taken by the below-mentioned people.
- Different data scientists who wish to improve their computing skills.
- Different traders and IT managers can also take this specialization.
- Different auditors and data analysts are also welcome to join this specialization.
- And all those people who are whether beginners who are just starting in this field or experienced professionals who need to improve their skills can also take this specialization.
TTC Course Analysis:
Following are the results of comprehensive analysis of “Fundamentals of Computing” online specialization by our team of experts.
TakeThisCourse Sentiment Analysis Results:
In order to facilitate our learners with real user experience, we performed sentiment analysis and text mining techniques that generates following results:
- TTC analyzed a total of 1,495 reviews for this online professional certificate.
- The analysis indicates that around 90% reviews were positive while around 10% of reviews had negative sentiment.
- Rice University online specialization received a total score of 4.5 out of 5 collectively across all courses, based on user opinions related to 4 effectiveness factors including content, engagement, quality practice and career benefit.
Social Proof – Reviews of International Students & Professionals about this Specialization:
Now we will take a look at some comments that have been given by our professionals and international students. By taking a look at their experience it can become easy for us to decide whether this course is actually helpful or nor.
- This specialization is a great way to learn programming and also practice the concepts in the most effective way possible. And I would say that this is an amazing way for all the beginners who are interested in this field to learn python and other programming skills. I managed to learn a lot from the course. (Chitrank D/5 star).
- I can’t thank enough the professors for this specialization. It is just too good and I can definitely recommend this to all those people out there who are interested in this field. The courses in the specialization are not only fun and engaging but really easy to understand. (Jeremy L/5 star).
- I would say that this is an amazing course that has very interesting and engaging presenters. I was able to develop a bunch of amazing techniques through this specialization that has really helped me cope with this field. At first, I was not sure about taking this, but after completing this specialization I realized I made a good decision taking this specialization. (Phil S/5 star).
- Because of the hard work and full devotion of the professors of this specialization, completing all the 7 courses were a fun journey for me. And I think that anyone interested in this field can easily complete this specialization. (Ryan M/5 star).
- I would say that if anyone is interested in learning programming right from scratch then he must take this specialization. I can fully assure you that you won’t regret taking this specialization instead you’ll thank me later. (Alex M/5 star).
- I have taken similar courses from Edx and Coursera but I think this specialization is the best of all. Because of taking this specialization, my concepts are now very much cleared. Thanks to the instructors for doing such an amazing job. (Aynur Z/5 star).
- This is a well worth specialization to take but I had to put in a lot of efforts to complete it as it was much harder than I anticipated. (Ian B/5 star).
- This course is a good way of learning for those who already knows about programming and needs to take their understanding to an advanced level. Taking this specialization will really polish our skills. (Israel L/4 star).
- The course has been incorrectly structured and it progresses really quickly into even the hard parts. I couldn’t manage to learn enough from this specialization. (Stevimir E/1 star).
- This is not a good course because the material used is very basic and the professors have not designed a high-tech course that can help a learner to develop computing skills. I am totally not satisfied with this course at all. (VPC/1 star).
- Without any doubt, the courses of this specialization are amazing but why do I have to pay in order to get access to quizzes? This is very disappointing. I was really looking forward to solve the quizzes after learning so much from the course but couldn’t do it. (Javier A/3 star).
Let us now discuss some of the alternatives that we have with this course. By looking at what each of these courses have to offer, we can then decide which course is better for us. So let us take a look at the alternatives.
This course can help a learner whether he is a total beginner or an advanced professional to use computer and to be able to think computationally and write a number of programs that can help to tackle different problems. There will be a number of things that a learner will learn from this course like what are different data structures, what are algorithms, what is testing and debugging, what is python programming language, a notion of computation and much more. By taking just this one course, a person will be able to understand not only just computer sciences, but also about python programming language and its usage. So click on the below link to take this course now.
This course contains everything there is to know about how to write programs and do coding. There will be a number of skills that a learner will gain by the end of the course like computer programming, what are algorithms and how to write them and programming language from the scratch. The course ensures that after completing it, a person will have enough knowledge about programming that will help him take his understanding to an advanced level. How to reuse your codes, testing and documenting your programs and most importantly how you can create your very first computer program will be taught in the course. Hence we can say that the course is totally worth buying. So click on the below link to get this course now.
Who is the target audience?
- If you genuinely care about people, this training course will enable you to become far more valuable to the people you already have in your life.
- This course lays an exceptional foundation for those who hope to eventually establish a sustainable professional life coaching practice.
- Alternative therapists, counsellors, healthcare workers and established practitioners who want to supplement their understanding and skill set.
- Business managers, salespeople, entrepreneurs and anyone in leadership will develop valuable insights for better understanding their team members and/or customers.
- Parents, role-models and teachers who wish to better help young people find their path in life and equip them with the necessary tools to succeed.
- Experienced life coaches, mentors, NLP/CBT/REBT Practitioners who want to build or expand their current practice with a fresh new helping process and way of thinking.
- If you are already working as a counsellor, physical trainer, psychologist or psychiatrist you may also integrate the skills learned through this course in your current role. If you are really interested in becoming an achology certified, click the button below.
We can conclude our discussion by saying that this fundamental of computing specialization is an amazing source of developing all the computing skills very easily. Each course in this specialization will help learners to develop a certain set of skills that can help them make their career in programming. Whether you have a computing background or not, taking this course will help such beginners to learn these skills. And not just beginners, but those who have experience in this field can also take this specialization and improve their skills according to their need. So if you think this specialization is worth taking then just click on the below button to enroll yourself now.