Database Management Essentials provides the foundation you need for a career in database development, data warehousing, or business intelligence, as well as for the entire Data Warehousing for Business Intelligence specialization.
Created by: Business School, University of Colorado Denver
- Michael Mannino, Associate Professor
What You will Learn?
- Introduction to Databases and DBMSs
- Relational Data Model and the CREATE TABLE Statement
- Basic Query Formulation with SQL
- Extended Query Formulation with SQL
- Notation for Entity Relationship Diagrams
- ERD Rules and Problem Solving
- Developing Business Data Models
- Data Modeling Problems and Completion of an ERD
- Schema Conversion
- Normalization Concepts and Practice
Online Courses Description:
In this course, you will create relational databases, write SQL statements to extract information to satisfy business reporting requests, create entity relationship diagrams (ERDs) to design databases, and analyze table designs for excessive redundancy.
As you develop these skills, you will use either Oracle or MySQL to execute SQL statements and a database diagramming tool such as the ER Assistant to create ERDs. We’ve designed this course to ensure a common foundation for specialization learners. Everyone taking the course can jump right in with writing SQL statements in Oracle or MySQL.