The Arizona State University which is mostly referred to as ASU or the Arizona State is known to be a public metropolitan research University. It comprises of five campuses that are across the Phoenix metropolitan area and with that there are also four regional learning centres throughout Arizona. As of the year 2019, more than 90,000 students have been recorded studying in the university and with that there are 38,000 students are attending classes online. The University was established in the year 1885 and until now it has been organized into 17 colleges that feature more than 170 cross-discipline centres and institutes. We are providing details of Online Masters Computer Science Program by Arizona State University.
Average 20 hours per week
The Arizona State University MCS Online Program:
Before we talk about the Online Masters Computer Science program that has been introduced by the ASU, it must be mentioned here that the ASU is ranked in the top 10 for Online Graduate Engineering Programs by the U.S. News and World Report. This shows the readers that the online programs that are being offered by the ASU are completely worth taking and that they possess great value.
Online Masters in Computer Science (MSC) degree program that the Arizona State University if the offering is a high-quality program that not only contains high-quality instructions and learning material but it also comprises real-world experience with the help of applied projects. The purpose of giving out such teaching methodology is to enable learners to develop a deep and clear understanding of cutting-edge topics like artificial intelligence, big data blockchain technology, cybersecurity and many other.
The mode of learning in this program is 100% online which means that a learner doesn’t have to leave his house and go to the University to attend a class. The program provides a learner with flexibility to learn at his own ease and pace thereby letting him be the boss of his own schedule. Upon completing the program, a learner is going to earn the same degree as of those who study on-campus.
What is the program offering?
The MSC online degree program by the ASU is providing the following
- Lets you study topics from the cutting edge of Computer Science.
- Leverage unique opportunities from the most innovative school in the US.
- Complete a rigorous set of assignments, projects, and exams guided by the same professors that teach on campus.
General details regarding the MSC Online Degree Program:
Following are some general details regarding the MSC online degree program.
- The duration of this whole program is of 18-36 months. It depends on the pace of the learner that how much time is required for him to complete this program.
- The average hours that a learner has to put in per week are 20.
- The teaching methodology of this degree program is totally online. Not even a single class or workshop will be held in-campus.
- There are a total of 10 courses in the program.
- The total cost of this program is $15000.
Who is this program for?
Now the question comes is that who the program is for or what is the criteria for getting into this program. We would say that
- This program is ideal for all those learners who already have an undergraduate degree in computer science and who are looking for a next step to advance their career.
- Even those candidates or learners who don’t have an undergraduate degree but have a strong foundation of computer science and are looking for an opportunity to enhance their skills.
What are the Eligibility Criteria and other Requirements?
- In order to get into this program, a candidate must have a CGPA of 3.0 but 3.25 is recommended. This CGPA has to be of the last two years of the four years degree program.
- Those who are applying from outside the United State of America need TOEFL: 575 paper-based / 90 Internet-based, IELTS: 7 or PTE: 65.
- Official Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions a candidate has attended.
- Statement of Purpose or Resume.
- Lastly, Up to three (3) letters of recommendation are required (Optional).
- The maximum age limit to apply is 31.
- 20% of the females and 80% of the males will be selected for the program.
- The top 3 countries that are given preference are the United States of America, Canada and India.
- 84% of the candidates will be selected from America.
- 2% of the candidates will be selected from Canada.
- Lastly, 3% of the candidates will be selected from India.
Following are all the admission details that a candidate must know if he wished to apply for this amazing program.
- The next session or cohort is going to start on May 18th, 2020.
- There are two deadlines for submitting the form, an early admission deadline and the final deadline.
- The early admission deadline is March 22nd, 2020.
- The final deadline is April 19th, 2020.
When a candidate applies for the program, it will take the administration 2-4 weeks to make a decision whether to select the candidate or not. Upon selecting, the candidate is able to start opening courses right away.
With all these details given above put our discussion to an end now. By reading all of the details we can say that the above-mentioned details are enough for a candidate to learn about what this online degree program is, what it has to offer, does this program has the same value as of an in-campus one, who is eligible to apply, how soon one should apply, what is the last date to apply and many other details are given that will prove helpful for a candidate in applying.
So if you have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or have a strong understanding of fundamentals of Computer Science then make up your mind and do apply for this amazing MSC online degree program that is offered by the Arizona State University and that lets a learner learn at his own ease and pace.