Today our subject of discussion is the eminent Central University of Punjab which is sited in Bathinda, Punjab, India. This University has been established through an Act of Parliament, “The Central Universities Act, 2009” by the Government of India. The local authority of the Central University of Punjab is the whole of the State of Punjab. As per university rankings of Research gate and Scopus, this University has been ranked as number one amid all the newly established central universities in India since 2012.
According to the Central Universities Bill 2009, there is this aim to establish one new central university in different regions of India like Bihar, Gujrat, Haryana, Orissa and many more.
Central University of Punjab-Ranking:
- The country rank of the Central University of Punjab is 277.
- While the world rank is 6702.
General facts about Central University of Punjab:
The following is the general information about the Central University of Punjab.
- The University was established in the year 2009.
- The University shifted to its City campus in 2009 which is spread over an area of 35 acres.
- The main campus is going to be a bigger one with an area of more than 500 acres located at the Bathinda-Badal road.
- The total number of students at the University is 1275.
- The total number of faculty members at the University is 129.
- The University is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC A).
- In 2016, the University managed to rank 64.
Which programs are offered by the Central University of Punjab?
Precisely, the university offers research-oriented master’s and doctoral degree programmes:
- PhD, a research program is offered by the University in 18 disciplines.
- M.B.A is offered in Agribusiness.
- M.Sc. is offered in 12 disciplines.
- M.A. a post-graduate program is offered by the University in 10 disciplines.
- M.Pharm is offered in 2 disciplines.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences (Medicinal Chemistry.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry)
- M.Tech is offered in 2 disciplines.
- Computer Science and Technology.
- Computer Science and Technology (cybersecurity).
- LL.M. is offered in Law.
- M.Ed. is offered to the students in the field of Education.
Schools and departments at the Central University of Punjab:
University has 12 schools/departments to offer which are subdivided into further disciplines. The details about them are given below.
Basic and Applied Sciences:
This department was established in the year 2009 right when the University came to existence. The Dean of this school is Prof, P, Ramarao. This department further has 11 more departments such as Zoology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Applied agriculture, Botany and others.
School of Education:
The School of Education came to existence in the year 2013 and it further has the Department of Physical Education to offer.
This school has two Departments to offer. School of Education and Teaching Learning Centre.
School of Engineering and Technology:
The associate dean of this school is Dr. Amandeep Kaur and the school is currently offering the Department of Computer Science and Technology.
School of Environment and Earth Sciences:
The dean of this school is Prof. Vinod Kumar Garg. The school is currently offering three Departments. Department of Environmental Science and Technology, Department of Geography and Department of Geology.
School of Languages, Literature and Culture:
The dean of this department is Dr Alpna Saini. Currently, this school has 4 Departments to offer, Department of English, Department of Punjabi, Department of Hindi and department of Performing & Fine Arts.
School of Legal Studies and Governance:
The associate dean of this school is Dr Tarun Arora. This school is offering one Department, which is the Department of Law.
These above-mentioned and many other schools are offered by the Central University of Punjab. As a consequence, we at takethiscourse.net can settle over the fact that the Central University of Punjab, Bhatinda is a well-recognized institute that is working vigilantly in providing high-quality education to a large number of students. Their research-oriented master’s and doctoral degree programs are available in a variety of disciplines that can be taken by all those interested.
So visit the Official Website today and find your desired program now.