It is not an unknown fact that the PMP certification is a very valuable and imperative certification to all the project managers out there. It is not only because they have put in a lot of sweat and exertion to get to where they are but have also invested a gigantic sum of money on it.
So when a person finally becomes a PMP certified, the next brawl that he faces is the PMP Salary hike expected by him. A person immediately starts to think about what is going to be the return on investment. Will I be making a lot of money out of this profession at once or is it going to take me decades to start earning a decent amount of money. These and many other factors are circling the mind of a PMP certified.
Some factors that Influence the Pay Scale of a PMP Certified:
- The number of years a person has in project management. In other words the more years of experience the better the salary would be.
- The rank that one is given at the place where he works. What type of responsibilities are given and what is the position given etc.
- The most important factor is the country of employment. Countries like the USA, Canada and, the UK are the ones that pay quite a salary to PMP certified.
- Lastly, the certification status also puts a great impact on how much or less a person is getting paid.
Salary Range in the United States of America:
As mentioned earlier, the USA is one of the countries that pay high salaries to the PMP certified. But let us give you an average salary rate.
According to the PMI’s Project Management Salary Survey 10th edition, PMP salary in the United States is $80,000 to $112,000.
But it also depends on the designation of Project Managers. So we have narrowed down some of the designations of the Project Managers and their salary range according to it.
|PMP Job Position||Average PMP Salaries|
|Project manager III||$100,000 – $110,000|
|Project Manager II||$90,000 – $100,000|
|Project Manager I||$70,000-$90,000|
Salary Range in the United Kingdom:
According to Glassdoor, the national average salary for a project manager is £44,834 per annum. But it must be mentioned here that a PM’s work is in so many industries and on such a variety of projects, that it is very difficult to find an average salary.
Salaries of different project managers in different areas of the UK:
Here we have mentioned the estimate of the salaries of different project managers working in different companies in the UK. These are estimates given by the Glassdoor based on the salaries mentioned anonymously by 7148 employees.
- A Project Manager in the London Area claimed to be making £18,000 per year.
- A Project Manager in the Manchester Area reported making £37,000 per year.
- A Project Manager in the Glasgow Area stated making £65,000 per year.
- A Commercial project manager in the London Area informed to be making £28,000 per year.
- A Project Manager in the London Area testified making £44,000 per year.
Salary Range in Canada:
The scope of PMP in Canada is excellent. Many Canadian companies demand PMP certifications as a job requirement. According to Salary.com the average salary of a project manager in Canada, Kentucky is between $60,449 and $222,080 as of February 26, 2020. But of course, the figure that one is earning fully depends on the job position he has. While according to Glassdoor, the average salary in Toronto, Canada is $85,000.
Therefore we at takethiscourse.net end our discussion with agreeable remarks about the PMP salary in our cognizance. After viewing all these statistics concerning three major countries in the world. We can say that the scope of PMP certified is quite in elevation in these countries. And depending on the factors that we discussed earlier, one can somehow manage to make a fortune by working as a project manager. Hence coming to the point, becoming a project management professional is a degree worth spending time, efforts and money of course. So make up your mind and kick start your career as a Project Manager Professional.