As Tableau Desktop has two certifications, Tableau Desktop Specialist and Tableau Desktop Certified Associate. So today our topic of discussion is the Tableau Desktop Specialist certification. The tableau desktop specialist focuses on foundational functionality and product comprehension. To earn this certification, an individual is supposed to pass the tableau desktop specialist exam. Upon passing this exam, an individual is awarded the title of “Tableau Desktop Specialist”.
So let us take a look at the details of the tableau desktop specialist:
What is the cost of the exam?
To register for the exam, an individual has to pay a certain amount of fee which is USD 100. As this is a huge amount and not everyone has the means to pay this fee every time they fail, so it is best to have three or more months of experience before attempting the exam.
Registration information regarding the exam:
- The tableau product certification exams are administered and controlled by the Loyalist Exam Services (LES).
- For registration, all the general details have to be mentioned and then payment has to be made.
- Upon successful completion of registration, an individual can schedule for their exam using the LES account.
- Also, an individual is allowed to reschedule the exam in case of any emergency.
Different setup tasks before the exam:
Before starting the exam, a thorough check has to be made to make sure that everything is in order. When an individual logs in using the LES account, the first thing that he has to do is to do a technical check by clicking on the link available at the exam dashboard.
Here technical checks refer to as checking the following:
- Connectivity checker.
- Connection speed test.
- Connecting to proctor test.
What is the format of the exam?
Now the most important part comes that is, the format of the Tableau exam. Before appearing in the actual exam, it is very important to have complete knowledge of the format of the exam.
So let us get to it already:
- The duration of the exam is 60 minutes.
- The total number of exams in the question is 30.
- These 30 questions will be in the form of multiple-choice questions and hands-on questions.
- Each question can be solved under 2 minutes.
- The passing percentage is 71.
- Besides the 60 minutes that a user has to complete the exam, an extra 5 minutes are also given that is spent on reading the rules and regulations.
Helpful Resources for preparation:
There are many online resources available for the preparation of the Tableau Desktop Specialist exam where a learner can find the latest tableau specialist dumps, practice questions and much more. Besides that, there are many online courses available as well that can help learners in understanding what a desktop specialist is and how to prepare for the exam.
So if you have an interest in becoming a tableau desktop specialist and need to prepare for this exam then visit the website Take This Course – Tableau Desktop Specialist Practice Exams today where you can find everything you need to prepare efficiently for the exam and never stop learning.