Patent Bar Practice Exam with 30 questions and comprehensive answers in PDF & video. Test ID: HBP-PAT-PT102-30Q
- Highest Rated by Udemy.com
- Created by Kasey Shah
- 317 + students enrolled
- 43 Review available
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 30 articles
- 55 downloadable resources
- Access on Mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Access
- 30 days Money back guarantee
What You will Learn?
- Feel more confident about patent bar exam subject matter
- You will be better prepared to take patent bar exam
- You will significantly improve your chances to pass the patent bar exam
- You will have PDF answers for all 30 practice questions
- You will have video answer with detailed explanations for all 30 practice questions
- You will have pointers about how to search MPEP for each of these 30 questions
- You will have a forum to ask patent bar exam preparation related questions
- You will have a mentor who would guide you to prepare & pass this very difficult exam
- You will learn about the following subject matters: (1) AIA 102 novelty, (2) AIA 103 obviousness, (3) AIA 112 new matter, (4) reissue, (5) Patent Cooperation Treaty PCT, (5) Supplemental Examination, (6) Claim Counting, (7) Patent Prosecution Highway, and (8) Appeal process.
Online Course Description:
Intellectual Property is Most Sought After Field
Did you know that in 1991, 85% of corporate assets were in physical form, such as buildings, automobiles, equipment, raw material etc. In 2016, 85% of corporate assets are in intellectual form such as patents, copyrights, trademarks, goodwill, name brand recognition and so on. This means that corporations are spending a lot of money to acquire and protect their patent rights. This in turn means that there is a tremendous demand for professionals with IP background and credentials. Patent Lawyers make an average of $180K USD per year and that number goes up to $280K per year in areas like Silicon Valley, New York and such.
To become patent agent or attorney, you must pass Patent Bar Exam administered by USPTO. This course is designed to prepare the students for the Patent Bar Exam offered by USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office). Patent Bar Exam is considered to be one of the hardest licensing exams and I can confirm that since I have taken over two dozen such certification and licensing exams over my career. Though it is an open book exam, there are over 6000 pages of material covered in the exam. Furthermore, exam questions are designed to test candidates’ understanding of the subject matter and not necessarily their ability to find the subject matter in the exam material available during the exam.
Student quote related to this course:
“Hey Kasey! I’m using the OmniPrep patent bar course, and supplementing it with your course. I must say, I am thankful that I had a solid understanding of the patent fundamentals prior to your course. I’m halfway done at the moment, and each question makes me realize “WOW.. I thought I knew this.. but not in this insane level of detail!” I’m hopeful to pass the exam and would love your guidance to help me along the way. Thank you! The course rocks and I hope to finish this weekend. 😀
Hey! I just finished your class and wow.. amazing!! I wish you did more for the Patent Bar!!!!!! I want to do more questions (variations of the ones you taught), and others. I’d love to engage with people so I can pass this test. Thank you!”
Course Substantive Content:
In this course I have drafted 30 modern questions from the following topics:
- AIA 102, novelty
- AIA 103. obviousness
- AIA 112, new matter
- Appeal process
- Reissue of patents
- Supplemental examination of patents
- Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH)
- Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT).
Layout & Approach
The course is laid out in question and answer format. The first lecture introduces you to the entire course and gives you a high level view as to what to expect in the course and how to best prepare and pass this very difficult exam. Each question is presented in a quiz format, which I call “Hot Pencil Drill.” Before you answer hot pencil drill question, I have provided you pointers as to MPEP and other related material that you should review it quickly. This will help you hone in your MPEP search skill.
You will then answer a hot pencil drill question and see whether you got it right or wrong. Next lecture contains the answer in two formats – PDF attachment and video. You should carefully study the answer and watch video at least twice. Use the bookmark feature available on Udemy’s platform to help you review important information at a later time.
Go through all 30 hot pencil drill questions, answers, videos, and related reference material. Make and update your outline while you go through these material.
Video answers are given in two formats – Screen cast video and talking head recap videos.
Screen cast videos walks you through each question, call of the question, answer choices, key issue(s), right answer reasoning, wrong answer reasoning, and more information. I have used John Madden style NFL game analysis markers to drive home the point of each question. In actual exam, you should be using highlighting feature, now available in actual patent bar exam at Prometric testing centers.
Talking head videos recaps the key issue and substantive patent law reasoning for each question to ensure that you fully understand why the right answer is right and related patent law and patent prosecution processes involved at USPTO.
Throughout the course, you are encouraged to participate in one or more of ten methods of communication with me and other fellow candidates, who are also going through their patent bar exam preparation journey.
- Students who plan to take Patent Bar Exam offered by USPTO
- Future patent agents
- Future patent lawyers
- Anyone who wants to learn more about USPTO process and practices.
- Students who want to learn about AIA (America Invents Act)