Explore the processes and benefits of objected oriented programming.
What You will Learn?
- Recognize classes of objects and model them in code
- Store object level information using instance variables
- Describe the benefits of object oriented programming
- Create individual objects and discuss object instantiation
- Understand how behaviors are coded in methods
- Create and use properties to control access to instance variables
- Understand how methods, properties and fields are used in a graphical application
- Describe the order of execution of a program and use the debugger in Visual Studio
- Use static variables and properties to describe class level information
- Understand what a reference variable is and how to show how they operate
- Create a class and centralize information in it so less coding can be done
- Describe the reasons for creating child classes
- Override methods, and understand why this is necessary and how it works with virtual methods
- Describe examples of inheritance polymorphism and how this helps with writing less code
- Describe examples of polymorphism in method parameters and how this helps with writing less code
- Describe how an interface allows grouping objects by behaviors
- Describe how interface polymorphism works with lists so less code can be written
- Describe how interface polymorphism works with method parameters so less code can be written
- Understand how abstract classes and interfaces differ and what purpose each one serves
- Understand how the .Net framework is structured using classes and interfaces
- Describe reasons for creating methods that are specific to individual classes
- Understand how polymorphism allows us to ensure that the correct, derived class methods are called
- Understand the reasons for coding virtual methods
- Know why instance variables should be private and the dangers of not not making them private
- Understand how abstraction is used to produce simplified models of the world.
Online Course Description:
I’m the author of “Beginning C# Hands-On-The Core Language” from Packt Publishing. Let’s take a look at every this course has to offer. This course gives a detailed introduction to the fundamental concepts of objected oriented programming using C#.
The course is about five hours long, and includes HD lessons, very detailed explantions and explorations, code examples, a couple tests and programming exercises with solutions. This is a course for those interested in learning about objected oriented programming. This course uses Visual Studio 2017, which you can download for free from Microsoft. The explanations I provide are very detailed, so please be sure to watch the free preview video before buying to be sure this is the right course for you. I do not rush through the material, so this course will work best for you if you have a similar mindset.
Real comprehension takes time and is precious, and therefore this course focuses on the WHY, and not just the how of things. You will hear me repeat myself because saying the same thing in different ways helps to improve comprehension. Please be sure to watch the free preview video before buying to be absolutely certain that this course is the right one for you. Thank you for reading and I will see you inside!