Learn about latest C# features coming out in Visual Studio 2017.
What You will Learn?
- Understand and appreciate C# 7/7.1/7.2 language features.
- Learn how to use new language features in practice.
Online Course Description:
This short course covers the latest and greatest features of C#, covering versions 7, 7.1 and 7.2 of the language that are being sim-shipped with corresponding Visual Studio updates.
Here’s every language feature presented in this course, grouped by the version of the C# language.
- Out Variables
- Pattern Matching (
- Tuples and Tuple Deconstruction
- Local Functions
- Ref Returns and Locals
- Expression Bodied Members
- Throw Expressions
- Generalized Async Return Types
- Literal Improvements
- How to turn on C# 7.1 support
- Async Main
- Default Expressions
- Ref Assemblies
- Infer Tuple Names
- Pattern-Matching with Generics
- Leading Digit Separators
- ‘Private Protected’ Access Modifier
- Non-Trailing Named Arguments
- Reference Semantics on Value Types:
- ‘In’ Parameters
- ‘Ref Readonly’ Variables
- ‘Ref Struct’ and Span<T>
- Knowledge and understanding of C# 6 and earlier
- General experience in .NET/C# application development
- An understanding and appreciation of latest C# 7/7.1/7.2 language features
- Understanding of how to convert existing C# code to C# 7/7.1/7.2