- 3 weeks long
- 1-3 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Upgradable
- Taught by: Shannon Bradshaw, VP of Education
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
MongoDB Basics is designed for learners to brand new to MongoDB. If you’ve heard about MongoDB and want to know more or are planning a MongoDB project and need to get a quick start, this is the course for you.
You will also learn the MongoDB query language, including how to query arrays, objects, geospatial data and other hierarchical data structures stored within documents.
Throughout the course, you will learn to use MongoDB Compass, a GUI client for interacting with MongoDB and Atlas, the MongoDB cloud service. You’ll create your own Atlas account for free and gain experience deploying MongoDB clusters, importing data, and using Compass to explore a number of data sets provided to you. In the process, you’ll get hands-on experience with a variety of query building and data modeling strategies that will prepare you to develop applications with MongoDB.
What you’ll learn
- How to install MongoDB
- How to use Compass, the MongoDB GUI
- The MongoDB document model and basic schema design
- The MongoDB query language
- How to use Atlas, MongoDB’s hosted database as a service offering
- Chapter 1: Introduction to MongoDB, Compass, and basic queries
- Chapter 2: The MongoDB Query Language + MongoDB Atlas
- Chapter 3: Deeper Dive on the MongoDB Query Language