How digital images and videos are made has always been a very interesting subject for many people. And that is why we present to you a free online course that will serve the purpose. How images and videos are made, stored, altered, and then used is something that requires proper understanding and training. In this regard, you can consider this course to be a perfect way to learn all about video processing. From how computers and digital cameras make images to adding special digital effects in Hollywood movies, you will learn all about it at the comfort of your home. The course has 7 modules and 2 bonus modules. This means that whatever you will learn from this course is enclosed in these modules.
What can you learn from this course?
After enrolling in this free online course, you will be able to learn the following:
- You will understand how the human visual system works.
- With that, you will learn about engineering, computer science, and mathematics that make all the digital images work.
- Similarly, the instructor will also teach the basic algorithms that are used for different purposes. These include adjusting images, exploring JPEG and MPEG standards for encoding and compressing video images. Noise removal and filtering and image segmentation etc.
- Lastly, the course ends with image processing techniques that are used in medicine.
With all this that the course has to offer, it also has optional MATLAB exercise which you’ll have access to during the entire course duration.
What type of skills can be gained through the course?
Upon completing the free online course, you would have gained skills regarding:
- Image processing.
- Image compression.
- Image restoration.
- And how to do image segmentation.
Social proof is known to be the most helpful part as it has all the honest positive and negative comments about the course. The purpose of including this section here is to give you a clear picture of what others think of this course.
- In this field, I am a complete beginner and you can consider this course as my first one to learn about video processing. Well, I would honestly say that I was able to learn a vast amount of material with both fundamental and math perceptive. I was able to absorb a lot of new information and techniques from the course. (Kumaresan G, 5 stars).
- I would highly recommend this course to all the beginners, professionals, or anyone interest in this field to take this course. No matter how strong or poor your concepts are about video processing, you will learn according to your level of understanding. (Johnathan HJ, 5 stars).
- It wouldn’t be wrong to admit that this is actually a very interactive and challenging course. Though the first 2 weeks were a little difficult because my Math concepts are not that strong, yet I was able to most of the concepts. Thus the course turned out to be a promising opportunity for me to understand all about image processing. (Flavio H I, 5 stars).
- You can consider this course a great one as it has all the key concepts explained in a proper way and you can learn everything at your ease. All the lecture videos available in different modules were very helpful. With that, the hands-on exercises were able to all more value to the course. (Sumita Mishra, 5 stars).
- If you want to enter the world of image processing and understand all its basics from beginner to advanced level, then this course has to be your choice. Whatever, you’ll find in the course has been explained very nicely by the instructor. In short, the course is totally worth taking. (Shashank S, 5 stars).
- The accent of the professor was too difficult to understand which made my overall experience not good. (Lee Chang, 2 stars).
- The lecture videos were too long which made it a little less interesting. (Tri V D, 2 stars).
So all those people who have an interest in this field are welcome to enroll in this free online courses with certificates and start learning at their ease and pace. Whether you are a beginner who is just starting in this field or a professional who wants to enhance his skills. Taking this course will be a wise choice for all types of people. So enroll now, stay home, stay safe, and never stop learning.