- Google via Coursera
- 910,301+ already enrolled!
- 6 months (10 hrs/week) of effort required!
This Google IT professional certificate is the best source for anyone to understand how to perform day-to-day IT support tasks. This includes computer assembly, wireless networking, installing programs, and customer service. The aim of this specialization is to learn to provide end-to-end customer support. From identifying problems to troubleshooting and debugging, you will learn a lot. Moreover, this specialization also explains how to use systems like Linux, domain name systems, command-line interface, and binary code.
|Online Course Effectiveness Score|
There are five courses in this specialization:
Course 1: Technical Support Fundamentals (★★★★★ 4.8 | 108,104 ratings | 26,671 reviews)
In this course, you will learn about how the binary system works in detail. With that, you will be taught how to assemble a computer from scratch. After that, the instructor will explain how you can choose and install an operating system on a computer.
Course 2: The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking (★★★★★ 4.7 | 36,120 ratings | 8,194 reviews)
This course has been designed to give learners a complete overview of computer networking. Here you will get to understand the fundamentals of modern networking techniques and protocols in detail.
Course 3: Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User (★★★★★ 4.7 | 21,011 ratings | 4,057 reviews)
This third in the specialization aims to cover the main components of an operating system in detail. Here you will be taught how to perform critical tasks that include managing software and users and configuring hardware.
Course 4: System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services (★★★★★ 4.7 | 18,211 ratings | 3,437 reviews)
In this course, you will get to learn about the infrastructure services that usually keep organizations up and running. With that, you will dive deep into the cloud to get a better understanding of cloud infrastructure setups and managing cloud resources.
Course 5: IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts (★★★★★ 4.8 | 15,363 ratings | 2,564 reviews)
This course aims to cover a wide range of IT security concepts, tools, and best practices. In this course, you will understand the threats and attacks that can show up anytime. With that, you will understand what encryption algorithms are and how they are used to save data.
This section contains feedback from different learners that have taken either the entire specialization or some courses from it. By taking a look at some of these comments, you can get a clear picture of what these courses are from a real learner’s perspective.
- This specialization is without any doubt worth taking. I really enjoyed learning from it. With the help of the courses available in this specialization, I was able to understand a lot and reinforce it in my IT work. (Gamaliel V, ★★★★★).
- I took the first course and it was really easy to understand. The topics were explained in an effective manner and the best thing about this course was the accent of the instructor. (Arif A, ★★★★★).
- The “Technical support fundamentals” is a great course for all the beginners and experts as well. This course is a great tool for those who have been into IT for a long time now and need to upgrade their skills. I can recommend this course to those who are looking for a worth taking course. (Ishara M, ★★★★★).
- The second course in the specialization is even more intense than the first one and it was a little more hands-on. I am very excited to see how other courses go as I am really enjoying learning from this specialization. (Stephanie W, ★★★★★).
- I have found the second course of this specialization to be extremely informative and immersive in knowledge. It explains really well how the networks communicate and how it is the backbone of modern internet. (Jonathan S, ★★★★★).
- The third course is an amazing and wonderfully crafted course that has been instructed by amazing teachers. The way they have explained every single detail has allowed me to step into the management of operating systems. I believe taking this course has given me enough knowledge about operating systems. (Ousmane D, ★★★★★).
- The operating system course has good material in it and has been presented in an effective manner. The course runs through everything quick enough to not make you lose interest but not that fast you can’t keep up the pace. I was able to learn some new commands as well. (Andria, ★★★★★).
- The forth course was very informative and the instructor was able to explain different topics in detail. I also enjoyed learning directory services in this course. (Marian O, ★★★★★).
- I took the forth course from the specialization and it was a great one. The content was great, the instructors seemed knowledgeable and the interesting part was the last exam where you have to apply everything you learned from the course. (MA, ★★★★★).
- The last course turned out to be very engaging yet challenging at the same time and I feel really proud to have completed the course. I hope this course opens new doors and better job opportunities for me. (David G, ★★★★★).
- I just want to thank Google and Coursera for this amazing “IT security: Defense against the digital dark arts” course. With the help of this course, I was able to learn so much about IT security. As a matter of fact, this course has made my mind to pursue Master’s in Cyber security all thanks to Google and Coursera. (Damion B, ★★★★★).
- I took the forth course and was not satisfied at all. Even though Devon is a great instructor with incredible attitude yet he failed to deliver the course the way he should have. The lecture videos were quite long and had unnecessary details in it and that is why I felt annoyed. (Dani R, ★★☆☆☆).
- I took the last course which was going good until the first week was over. Starting week 2 and the lecture videos started to become quite technical and lengthy. (Pratyush P, ★☆☆☆☆).
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.