- Atlassian via Coursera
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- 14 hours of effort required
- 193,802+ already enrolled!
- 4.7 ★★★★★ (6,657 Ratings)
This “Agile with Atlassian JIRA” is all about explaining the common foundational principles and practices which are used by agile methodologies. Here the instructor has provided learners with a flexible set of tools that can be used by a product owner, project manager, or even scrum master in an agile team. You will be learning agile and lean principles along with scrum and kanban. With that, this course also focuses on the use of the JIRA software cloud as an efficient tool to apply hands-on exercises on these topics. Note that, this course offers instructions on company-managed and team-managed JIRA projects.
Offered by Atlassian University, this course will help you develop a strong foundational understanding of agile principles and practices and hands-on experience with the JIRA software cloud.
This course is instructed by Kashmira Shukla who happens to be a very successful instructor and has 193,802 learners. Completing this course will help you develop skills relevant to;
TTC Course Analysis:
Following are the results of comprehensive analysis of “Agile with Atlassian Jira” online course by our team of experts.
TakeThisCourse Sentiment Analysis Results:
In order to facilitate our learners with real user experience, we performed sentiment analysis and text mining techniques that generates following results:
- TTC analyzed a total of 1,644 reviews for this online course.
- The analysis indicates that around 93.1% reviews were positive while around 6.9% of reviews had negative sentiment.
- Atlassian online course received a total score of 4.7 out of 5, based on user opinions related to 4 effectiveness factors including content, engagement, quality practice and career benefit.
TTC Course Effectiveness:
|Online Course Effectiveness Score|
|4.7 / 5.0
|4.7 / 5.0
|4.6 / 5.0
|4.8 / 5.0
Based on learner reviews, we believe
- The content of the course is explained in a detailed manner and is very practical.
- The instructor’s accent is clear and has explained the entire content in a well-structured manner.
- Worksheets are quite helpful.
- Allowed learners to perform well in the workplace.
What Will You Learn in This Course?
Taking this course will help you;
- Understand the basics of agile methodologies including scrum and kanban.
- Learn to create and manage agile boards in the JIRA software cloud.
- Similarly, you will learn to apply agile practices in the JIRA software cloud.
Pros and Cons:
- High rating of 4.7.
- Beginner-level course requires no prerequisites.
- Offers hands-on laboratories.
- Suitable for new project managers.
- Quick instructor response.
- Available in 8 different languages.
- Week 4 is not updated with the current version of JIRA.
What People Are Saying About this Course:
This section contains feedback that has been given by users of this course. By reading actual comments from actual users, you can get a clearer picture of what this course exactly has to offer.
- I can say this is a very comprehensive course and is suitable for beginners who are interested in learning the foundation knowledge and concepts of agile along with JIRA. The labs are great and well designed and gave me hands-on experience with JIRA. (Hamza T, ★★★★★).
- A very detailed course that is not only easy to follow but interesting as well. The worksheets are quite engaging and the lab instructions were useful. The entire course is well presented and structured. And I can say that I really enjoyed learning from this course and now I can’t wait to apply the skills in my current role. (Tovah T, ★★★★★).
- This is indeed a great course that explains the agile methodology concepts from theory to practical implementation with JIRA in a great manner. (Prasanta K, ★★★★★).
- The course is practical and offers very useful information. I have already worked as a JIRA project manager but can say this course has still taught me a lot. I can recommend this course to all the project managers. (Nadia C, ★★★★★).
- Taking this course has been a fun journey for me. The course was thorough and served as a great introduction to the ins and outs of JIRA. The instructor has succeeded in making this course an engaging one. (Sharon L, ★★★★★).
- I just want to thank the instructor for this amazing course. The tasks and quizzes were so thoughtful and the way the instructor explained all the concepts in small chunks made it easier to digest the information. If you want to learn to work with classic agile projects then this course is for you. (Irene N, ★★★★★).
- I am working for a company where non-IT departments are expected to run all their projects in JIRA and so I have to deal with JIRA almost every day. Taking this course has allowed me to get up to speed with how to set up my work in JIRA and that too with confidence. (Ajia A, ★★★★★).
- This is a well-organized course and I believe if you want to learn the basics of JIRA or develop skills regarding how to use this software then feel free to enroll in this course today. (Raj Shankar, ★★★★★).
- I can say the content of this course is valid and has helped me understand the basic functionalities of JIRA and its agile possibilities. But sadly the videos are poorly done and made me lose interest. Even the instructor is talking in such a monton voice that is quite hard to follow. (Maren M, ★★☆☆☆).
- The instructor of this course was not as enthusiastic as she should have been. With that, there isn’t any overview in each section. Overall the course is not what I thought it would be. (Steven F, ★★☆☆☆).
Is Agile with Atlassian Jira course worth taking?
We believe this course offers technical aspects of JIRA software that are very important to understand. With that, the course covers the basics of Agile project management and Scrum as well. Thus we can say this course is a complete package that teaches you so much about Agile and Scrum and JIRA software. Even the rating of this course is quite high which makes it clear that this course is worth taking. So, according to us, we think this course is worth taking.
Do you still think this course is not the right fit for you? Well, no worries as we have some alternatives for you as well to consider.
This course by edX can be considered as an alternative to our main course as it talks about the project management processes, roles, philosophies, mechanics, and so much more behind Scrum. Here you will be taught how to run a successful Scrum team for not only speed but innovation, leadership, and control. Unlike our main course, this course does not focus on the JIRA software but rather talks about Scrum and Agile. So, if you are interested in understanding all about Scrum and Agile and have no prior experience in them then this course is the right fit for you.
This course by Coursera aims to cover the techniques that are important in breaking down and mapping requirements into plans that can lead to software production. Our main course talks about creating and managing agile boards in JIRA software. But this course focuses on explaining how to create effective plans for software development and assess and plan for project risks. Similarly, you will be taught how to apply velocity-driven planning techniques and so much more in detail. Therefore, enroll today if you think this course is the one.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.