- Google via Coursera
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- 6 Months of effort required
- 142,362+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★(7,888 Ratings)
- Language: Language
A Google Project Management specialization that has been designed to help you start a career in project management. Here you will get to learn in-demand skills that can have you job-ready in over six months. To learn from this Google Project Management specialization there are no requirements, degree, or experience. Taking this specialization will help you gain an immersive understanding of the skills needed to succeed in an entry-level project management role. With that, you will be taught how to create effective project documentation and artifacts throughout the different phases of a project. Similarly, you will also understand the foundations of agile project management and much more.
|Professional Certificate Effectiveness Score|
Google Project Management: Professional Certificate Courses
There are 6 courses in this specialization and you can find all the details about these courses below.
Foundations of Project Management (★★★★★ 4.9 | 3,785 ratings | 882 reviews)
This is the first course in the specialization that will equip you with all the skills you need to apply in the introductory-level roles in project management. You will get to discover the different foundational project management terminologies in detail. With that, you will also gain a deeper understanding of the responsibilities of a project manager.
Project Initiation: Starting a Successful Project (★★★★★ 4.8 | 634 ratings | 145 reviews)
In the second course, you will learn to set a project up for success in the first phase of the project life cycle which is the project initiation phase. You will be exploring the key components of this phase in detail. The instructor will explain how you can define and manage project goals, deliverable, scope, and success criteria in detail.
Project Planning: Putting it all Together (★★★★★ 4.9 | 274 ratings | 56 reviews)
This is the third course in a row and will help you explore how to map out a project in the second phase of the project life cycle which is the project planning phase. The instructor will explain the key components of a project plan and teach you to make accurate time estimates. With that, you will also learn to set milestones and more in detail.
Project Execution: Running the Project (★★★★★ 4.8 | 139 ratings | 28 reviews)
In this course, you will delve into the execution and then closing phases of the project life cycle. The instructor will talk about what aspects of a project to track and how to track them. You will be taught how to manage and communicate changes, dependencies, and risks more effectively.
Agile Project Management (★★★★★ 4.8 | 205 ratings | 43 reviews)
The fifth course comes with an opportunity to explore the history, approach, and philosophy of agile project management. This also includes a discussion on the Scrum framework. The instructor will help you understand how to differentiate and blend agile and other project management approaches.
Capstone: Applying Project Management in the real World (★★★★★ 4.8 | 76 ratings | 16 reviews)
In this final capstone course, you will get to apply the project management knowledge and skills that you have managed to learn in the previous 5 courses.
This section comes with the feedback which users have given about this specialization or the courses in which they have enrolled in.
- Taking the first course enabled me to gain a solid understanding of how to start with project management. I was able to understand different concepts such as organizational culture/structure and project management practices like agile and waterfall (LA, ★★★★★).
- The first course was quite interactive and had easy-to-understand content. The instructors from Google had done an amazing job (TP, ★★★★★).
- I took the second course from the specialization and it had a great introduction to understanding the basics of completing a project. This course taught me the fundamental building blocks which are required for any successful project (DD, ★★★★★).
- The third course helped me understand how everything comes together in project management. The best part for me was when the instructor explain what risk management is. Overall this was a great course (AL, ★★★★★).
- I took the third course and would say it helped me learn a lot of things. I believe this course has taught me enough skills to perform well at my workplace (MK, ★★★★★).
- The fourth course in the specialization was quite challenging but at the same time very interesting and worth the effort. I can say of the 4 courses I have taken from this specialization, this one was the most engaging (RS, ★★★★★).
- The topics covered in the fourth course were very helpful and helped me understand how to close a project. With that, I also learned to write an email, a project closeout report, and more (AP, ★★★★★).
- I can say the fifth course was very insightful and helped me understand all the tools and approaches available. The instructor provided me with a better vision of what companies are expecting. The learning content was great and overall the course was very informational (MB, ★★★★★).
- Course no 5 has to be the most engaging course on Agile Project Management. It gave me a holistic view of how Agile was started and then how it can be applied to manage projects (DJ, ★★★★★).
- The last course was a fun one as it had many activities and exercises in it. This course helped me learn all the aspects taught in the professional course. I am really happy to have taken this professional certification (DP, ★★★★★).
- The first course was quite basic and I was able to finish this course in about half the expected time. Though it is not a bad thing but it only shows how easy the course was (TJ, ★★★☆☆).
- The sixth course was a disaster for me. The content was repetitive, interaction-less, and very irrelevant (KK, ★★☆☆☆).
- Taking the fifth course was a mistake as the course was not what I expected it to be. The main problem was the test. The course focused more on theory and didn’t apply any practical knowledge (IP, ★★☆☆☆).
So these were the details of the Google Project Management: Professional certificate. All you have to do is read the details that we have mentioned for you and then enroll in this specialization and don’t forget to stay safe, stay home, and never stop learning.
More Related Courses:
- Google Cloud Training via Coursera
- 2 Months (12 hours weekly) of effort required
- 33,879+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (40,116 Reviews)
- Google Cloud Training via Coursera
- 3 Months (5 hours weekly) of effort required
- 32,786+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (3,572 Reviews)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.