- University of Sydney via Coursera
- 218,701+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (2,934 Ratings)
We are living in a world where mental illness, anxiety, and stress have become so much common that people barely realize something is wrong with their mental health. But thankfully there are individuals out there who show interest in understanding and enhancing positive mental health and well-being and they are known by the name Psychiatrist. According to psychiatrists, Positive Psychiatry is a term that describes a dual approach to mental health. Through positive psychiatry, people can learn to build strengths and support a healthy lifestyle. In this course, we are going to talk about psychiatry and mental health and what one should do to live a stress-free life.
|Online Course Effectiveness Score|
What will you learn in this course?
Taking this course will help you learn so many things about mental health.
- You will be exploring the different aspects of good mental health in detail.
- Then you will get an overview of the different kinds of mental disorders.
- The instructor will talk about the causes and treatments of mental disorders.
- Similarly, you will get to hear other people’s stories of that have lived with mental illness and how they coped with it.
- You will then be taught how to enhance your mental health and that of others through exercise and a variety of relaxation techniques.
- The course also covers topics like creativity, yoga, psychiatric medication, and psychotherapies.
Therefore, taking this course will allow you to understand all about mental health and how you can lead a healthy life.
In this section, we shall take a look at the feedback which users have given about this course. By reading actual comments from actual users, you can get a clear picture of what this course has to offer and whether you should take it or not.
- I think this course has been designed with extremely outstanding qualities. The professors have put in a lot of effort to make this course a successful one which I appreciate a lot. It wouldn’t be wrong to say this course has allowed me to move on in my professional career. (Sayoon G, ★★★★★).
- A fantastic course that is suitable for those who are suffering from depression, anxiety, or any other mental distress. This course covers different views on mental health which should be known to everyone. The concepts in this course have been explained by those who have suffered from mental distress which I believe was the best methodology. (Michael, ★★★★★).
- This was a very well-structured course that had amazing videos which were neither too short nor long. The content was very informative and interesting to listen to. The assignments were also very engaging and not too complicated. They were in fact fun to solve. (Alisa T, ★★★★★).
- Taking this course turned out to be a great decision for me, especially at this point when I was having mental health issues. The instructor seemed very nice and the way all the concepts were taught was admirable. The different types of mental health conditions were the best part for me (Emanuel T, ★★★★★).
- This course turned out to be pretty helpful and I believe all those who are suffering from depression or anxiety like me can learn a lot from this course. This course has brought a positive change in my life and I have started to feel like myself again. (Samadrita P, ★★★★★).
- An excellent course that had a lot of useful information to offer. The title of the course speaks for itself. I am a qualified psychiatrist and taking this course has been great for me. (SKK, ★★★★★).
- I have enjoyed learning from this course a lot. The videos and the readings allowed me to gain a good understanding of mental illness. The course gave me a clear understanding of all mental health problems and what should be done when it happens. I myself suffered from depression and now that I am out of this phase, I will do everything to help others who are going through this problem. And this course has given me a few tips to become even better. (Sanuri T, ★★★★★).
- I can say this course is a great resource for all those who have suffered from any type of mental illness. The content of this course turned out to be very helpful for me and I was able to learn a lot of different ways to overcome stress. (Foroug T, ★★★★★).
- Overall I can say that my experience in taking this course was great. Everything in the course was explained in a straightforward manner. The quizzes were great and I had no confusion solving them rather they were fun to solve. This is the first online course that I had taken and learned something useful from it. (Alvin P, ★★★★★).
- When I started this course, I was overstressed and had anxiety issues. But as I moved forward with the course, I learned so many new ways to overcome my stress. So a big thanks to the instructor Sonia for this course. (Maddy K, ★★★★★).
- If anyone is suffering from any kind of mental health then this course should be put into consideration. It has all the necessary content that one needs to overcome stress. (Anonymous Learner, ★★★★★).
- This was a very engaging and highly informative course that taught me so much about self-help. With that, I was also able to learn so many different types of mental health conditions and how they can be treated. (Nicola J, ★★★★★).
- The reading links were useless, they were either outdated or didn’t work. In my opinion, this course was a waste and should be improved. (Olivia H, ★★☆☆☆).
- I am really disappointed by the course as it didn’t turn out to be what I expected. (Sabine G, ★★☆☆☆).
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.