Learn the key concepts and designs that drive the AI and physics in modern racing games.
What You will Learn?
- Discuss the key technical concepts that underpin modern professional racing games
- Work comfortably on racing games in a programming or art/design capacity, either individually or as part of a team
- Understand the important ‘tweakable’ settings that influence the overall feel of a racing game
- More easily diagnose and identify problems in your racing game projects
- Make informed decisions about off-the-shelf solutions vs. custom builds
Online Course Description:
This course discusses the key technical ideas that form the foundation of modern commercial racing games. The emphasis is on the driving game physics and the artificial intelligence techniques that are used. It’s a fantastic course for video game developers working on racing game titles. It’s also a perfect fit for gamers and enthusiasts interested in understanding how racing games and related simulations really work. Although the included sample games were built with Unity, the coverage in this course will not require any particular knowledge of the software. Follow-on training is available for students who wish to take their knowledge even further and actually build a racing game of their own!