Since the concept of e-Learning was introduced in 2000, it has managed to be in the limelight as most learners prefer to learn from home and at their ease and pace. And this is how the Online Learning market became popular and started to pick up its pace. We have gathered Online Learning Growth Insights for our readers and the community.
Takethiscourse.net is a platform that has a variety of best Free Online Courses and MOOCs (11,000+ Online Courses) from top universities/organizations world-wide. We are a big supporter of e-Learning and that is why our team is always engaged in gathering the best of online courses that can actually help our family of learners makes a difference. TakeThisCourse has helped more than 220,000+ learners to take knowledgeable learning decisions. We believe e-learning to be an affordable, convenient, and more result-oriented way of learning.
Did you know that by the year 2025, the global e-Learning market is going to reach $325 billion USD? Well, at first, we couldn’t wrap our heads around this news. But then we thought more wisely and looked around and then everything started to make sense for us. It is because since the implementation of Online Learning Growth, the stats have only increased and there’s no stopping here. We should now accept the fact that online learning is the future. Analysts from market research firm Global Industry once projected that e-Learning is going to reach $107 billion in 2015. And guess what it did. So, what makes you think this new projection will not become true when the need of e-Learning has increased more than ever now because of the pandemic?
We have researched and come up with a lot of statistics that will clearly show how this sector managed to make its way to the top. So, let us take a look at these stats.
Online Learning Growth Statistics:
We believe these Online Learning Growth statistics would be enough for any reader to realize that the online learning or e-Learning market is growing drastically.
- The global e-Learning industry has managed to grow by 900% since the year 2000.
- The US and European markets make up for more than 70% of the global e-learning industry.
- According to New Ambient Insight Report, the Asian e-learning market reached $11.5 billion in the year 2016. With that, it was revealed that Vietnam and Malaysia were highlighted as the highest growth rates in the world with 44.3% and 39.4% respectively.
- Almost 50% of the students in different higher education institutions have taken at least one online course in the past year. This clearly shows how convenient it has become for learners to start learning online.
- Due to the growing trends in online learning, 80% of the companies started to use online learning platforms. This happened in the year 2017 as per our sources but since 2017, the percentage only continued to rise.
- Similarly, 60% of internet users in a survey claimed that online courses are more fun and easier to take that fit their lifestyles and schedules. With an online course, they got to study and keep a job at the same time without getting frustrated.
- The concept of Virtual and Augmented Reality Learning is growing, and Sony has sold $500 million worth of units of their PlayStation VR in 2017. They claim the future sees Sony using VR for learning courses.
More eLearning market growth statistics are:
- Between the years 2017 and 2022, the e-Learning market of the United States of America is going to be increased by more than $6 billion.
- Though most of the country’s e-Learning markets are growing rapidly but the fastest growing e-markets world-wide are Thailand, India, China, and Philippines having more than 30% growth rate per annum.
- Mobile e-Learning has also made a growth to $38 billion in the year 2020 so far.
- Though there are many e-Learning platforms available, but the most popular one for online courses is Coursera. At present, more than 73 million users are taking online courses from Coursera.
- After Coursera, Udemy is the second-best platform that has more than 35 million user and thousands of online courses to offer to anyone.
- Next, comes edX having more than 24 million users who are taking online courses from all over the world.
- Similarly, other famous online platforms like FutureLearn and Teachable also have a family of a large number of students. FutureLearn for example has more than 5 million users according to Wikipedia. And Teachable has more than 3 million students and offering 20,000 courses that are instructed by more than 7,500 experts.
- In the year 2019, the US government bought more than $2.59 billion USD worth of e-Learning tools and products that are self-paced.
Best Universities helping in Online Learning Growth:
These stats clearly indicate how well the online learning market is going and that it will keep on growing. Online Learning Growth can help millions of people in developing a great career for themselves. Takethiscourse.net, being the best search portal and aggregator for MOOCs (massive open online courses), in this matter, promises to deliver the best e-Learning Services by offering thousands of MOOCs from the world’s top universities in one place. So, stay in touch, stay home, stay safe, but Never Stop Learning.
- 10 Best Free Online College Courses with Certificates
- Coursera Free Courses with Free Certificates
- Free IT Certification Courses
- Free Online Engineering Courses with Certificates of Completion
- Free Online Management Courses with Certificate of Completion