- University of Illinois via Coursera
- 154,114+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (5,165 Ratings)
This course is taught by three highly experienced professors having an astounding rating of 4.8. Here you will be taught how to become a leader. You will explore the concept of leadership and assess the required competencies for today’s leaders. Offered by the well-renowned ILLINOIS, you will learn so much about how to make effective and ethical decisions and identify how to build trusting relationships with others. The skills that you will gain from this course are relevant to self-awareness, leadership development, leadership, and more. Thus if you want tips on becoming a leader then this course is what you need.
Related: Best + Free Online Leadership Courses with Certificates
TTC Course Analysis:
Following are the results of comprehensive analysis of “Leading Teams: Developing as a Leader” online course by our team of experts.
TakeThisCourse Sentiment Analysis Results:
In order to facilitate our learners with real user experience, we performed sentiment analysis and text mining techniques that generates following results:
- TTC analyzed a total of 1,381 reviews for this online course.
- The analysis indicates that around 95.3% reviews were positive while around 4.7% of reviews had negative sentiment.
- University of Illinois online course received a total score of 4.8 out of 5, based on user opinions related to 4 effectiveness factors including content, engagement, quality practice and career benefit.
TTC Course Effectiveness:
|Online Course Effectiveness Score|
|4.8 / 5.0
|4.8 / 5.0
|4.7 / 5.0
|4.9 / 5.0
- The content is thorough and well-made.
- Offers interactive lecture videos that were well structured.
- The quizzes were quite challenging yet informational.
- The course can help develop sufficient leadership skills that can be applied in the workplace.
What will you learn in this course?
Taking this course will help you;
- Explore the different concepts of leadership for setting the stage for your growth as a leader.
- You will understand the idea of leader identity and how to see yourself as a leader.
- Similarly, you will understand how this affects your ability to lead effectively.
- Next, you will be taught how to build trusting relationships among people.
- Moreover, you will understand the three key practices required to become a great leader. The three C’s are Curiosity and Commitment.
Pros and Cons:
- Intermediate level course.
- Offers engaging activities and case studies.
- Highlights the importance of diversity.
- Peer-to-peer evaluation.
- Repetitive content.
- Lectures are too short.
What People Are Saying About this Course:
In this section, we will take a look at the feedback which learners have given about this course. By reading actual comments from actual learners, you can get a clearer picture of what this course can teach you.
- I can say this course has extremely engaging content to offer. It has excellent examples that one can relate to. Similarly, discussion forums are a great place to get feedback from others and learn something from them. This course was totally worth my time. (Sachin T, ★★★★★).
- This course has useful content to offer. The teachers are no doubt excellent and well thought out. I can recommend this course to all those who are looking for ways to become a good leaders. (Alexandre B, ★★★★★).
- A solid course that delivers nothing but excellent content. The foundations of everyday leadership have been explained in an amazing and understandable manner. For someone who has been leading an organization for 10 years now, this course turned out to be great. (Melanie C, ★★★★★).
- This was a thorough and well-made course that can help anyone learn a lot about becoming a leader. The instructor was so great at explaining everything that I wish the duration of the lectures to be a little longer than they already are. Anyways, the additional readings took care of that. (Ivan N, ★★★★★).
- Completing this course has made me realize it is the best management course I have ever come across with. The concepts are taught in an engaging manner. The instructor succeeded in explaining everything beautifully. The case studies were no doubt excellent. I really feel like I have improved a lot after this course. (Umang B, ★★★★★).
- This is a great course that has been taught by three highly competent and strong instructors. The path that has been followed by this course is absolutely brilliant. I can say with complete confidence that no module of this course was difficult or less interesting. Everything taught in this course can be applied to your daily work. (Javier F, ★★★★★).
- I wouldn’t say the course was not interesting because it was but the course alone was not worth much. The content was not lengthy and each week can be completed in a single sitting. I would say this course will only make sense to the learners if they enroll in the entire specialization. (Laurynas K, ★★☆☆☆).
- The course was fine and I even managed to complete it with excellent grades. Even though I did everything correctly, somehow I still didn’t receive my certification. (Labassi G, ★★☆☆☆).
Is this Course worth taking?
This course can deliver so many insights about leadership and how you can motivate the teams to perform well. You can also learn all about inclusiveness and how one should look at diverse experiences positively. The methodology used by all three instructors is excellent and whatever you learn from this course can be applied in everyday life. Thus, this course is worth taking.
Not satisfied with this course or looking for something else? We have some alternatives for you as well.
High-Performance Collaboration: Leadership, Teamwork, and Negotiation
This course is a perfect alternative to our main course as it also focuses on how to develop leadership skills. With that, the course also aims to expand your knowledge on designing teams for collaboration and how to craft win-win negotiation strategies. Unlike our main course, this course focuses on teamwork and negotiation as well. With that, it offers self-assessment for analyzing your own leadership style. So, if you want to know all about teamwork and negotiation along with how to develop leadership skills, then this course is for you.
This is another course that is similar to our main course. It talks about how you can build your own team and improve teamwork and collaboration. This course focuses on how to sustain team performance through continuous learning and improvement. With that, you will learn the best practices required for composing a team and aligning individual and team goals.