- Duke University via Coursera
- 12,649+ already enrolled!
- 09 Hours of effort required!
- ★★★★★ (263 Ratings)
Ever thought about how businesses and investors can help fill the multi-trillion-dollar gap that is required for sustainable development? In this course, you will learn all about that by understanding the sustainability and social impact factors on people and the planet in management decisions.
Offered by Duke University which has world-class faculty, this course can help anyone learn to improve their organization’s practice of impact measurement and management. This course is offered by a highly experienced professional Cathy Clark who happens to have more than 12,000 learners. With this course, she explains the 4 universal steps of impact measurement and management and how they can be applied across the investment value chain for impact practice.
TTC Course Analysis:
Following are the results of comprehensive analysis of “Impact Measurement & Management for the SDGs” online course by our team of experts.
TakeThisCourse Sentiment Analysis Results:
In order to facilitate our learners with real user experience, we performed sentiment analysis and text mining techniques that generates following results:
- TTC analyzed a total of 84 reviews for this online course.
- The analysis indicates that around 98.8% reviews were positive while around 1.2% of reviews had negative sentiment.
- Duke University online course received a total score of 4.9 out of 5, based on user opinions related to 4 effectiveness factors including content, engagement, quality practice and career benefit.
TTC Course Effectiveness:
|TTC Online Course Effectiveness Score|
|4.9 / 5.0
|5.0 / 5.0
|4.8 / 5.0
|5.0 / 5.0
Based on user reviews we believe;
- The content of this course is well-presented and well-paced.
- The instructor can articulate even complicated concepts in an engaging and easy-to-understand manner.
- The quizzes act as a recap of the entire week.
- Investors can benefit from this course. Some were able to apply what they have learned in their own company as well.
What will you learn in this course?
Taking this course will help you learn;
- The fundamentals elements of the SDG Impact Standards.
- You will understand how the SDG Impact Standards can help organizations align with responsible business principles.
- Similarly, you will understand the best practices in impact management.
- The course also explains how to improve decision-making that can put a positive impact on people and the planet in line.
- You will understand the operating principles for Impact Management in detail.
- Then the instructor will talk about the 4 universal practices of Impact Management which are set strategy, integrate, optimize, and reinforce.
Pros and Cons:
- High rating of 4.8.
- Invaluable insights on sustainable development.
- Practical applications that can be applied to the real world.
- Offers additional resources to study.
- The assessment questions were not challenging.
What People Are Saying About this Course:
In this section, we shall take a look at the feedback that other users have given about this course.
- I would say if anyone is looking for an authentic way to gain practical knowledge on how to use the SDGs in their business, then this course is exactly what they need. Whether you have your own business, a social enterprise, or a non-profit investment firm, this course is the best option. Each lesson contains valuable information that is too good to miss. (Luis P, ★★★★★).
- The entire course is good but the content of week one was very inspirational, being a development consultant, I found the content of this course to be very enriching. Can’t wait to complete the entire course. (Shupi K, ★★★★★).
- The course offers helpful subject matter that has been explained in a thoughtful and organized manner. The additional resources were very helpful in learning more about SDGs. (Dcandida, ★★★★★).
- Out of the hundreds of courses that I took, this one is probably the best one ever. It offers a solid theoretical foundation of the principles for impact measurement and management. Similarly, the course contains a remarkable source of documentation for entrepreneurs and investors like me. This is the kind of course that I can for sure recommend to anyone interested. (Silvia D, ★★★★★).
- This is the type of course that offers solid and well-paced content that links enterprises working in social impact with those investing in social impact and that too with clear and easy-to-understand frameworks and processes. So if you work in social change or are interested in seeing how to deliberately use models and analysis for tracking impact performance, then this course is for you. (Paul B, ★★★★★).
- This was an excellent course that is packed with so much useful and totally applicable information. The content is great and well synthesized and is applicable to one’s enterprise or investment fund. (Eugenio L, ★★★★★).
- I can say this course can be considered an excellent way to establish a robust understanding of how one can measure and manage the impact. And if you want to improve your sustainability contributions then this course has a lot to offer in this regard. (Ellen M, ★★★★★).
- This course offers a systematic walk-through of steps and considerations in impact management. The examples were the best part for me and they helped me as an investor to understand the perspective of the enterprise leader and vice versa. (Raj C, ★★★★★).
- An excellently designed and well-presented course that is extremely helpful from a practical point of view. I am glad to have enrolled in this course and got the opportunity to learn so much from it. (Alenicheva L, ★★★★★).
- The course is well documented and supported by a bunch of references and resources. The formatted scripts attached to each video were very convenient. (Seetatam, ★★★★★).
- I think the taught concepts in this course are too generic and basic and can make it a little bit subject oriented too. (Vaishnavi P, ★★☆☆☆).
Is Impact Measurement & Management for the SDGs Course worth taking?
The course offers a holistic summarization of “Impact Measurement and Management methodology and is taught by an exemplary professor at Duke University. Judging by the rating, the number of students, and reviews, we believe this course is worth anyone’s time.
Not sure whether this course is the right fit for you? Well, don’t worry as we also have some alternatives to offer.
This course is pretty much relevant to our main course as it also focuses on Sustainable Development goals. But here, the instructor talks about whether we are on the right track to achieve the SDGs or not. The instructor will talk about the goals that should be prioritized by stakeholders. Then you will understand the value of measuring progress on the SDGs. What makes this course different from our main course is that it specifically focuses on identifying the steps required to construct an SDG index. So, if this course is what you need then you can enroll today.
Beyond the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Addressing Sustainability and Development (University of Michigan)
This course is offered by the University of Michigan and focuses on sustainability and development. Our main course focuses on impact management for the SDGs while this course focuses on analyzing the Sustainable Development Goals and discussing its relationship to the world’s most pressing problems. Here you will learn to use frameworks and evidence that are important in developing solutions and applying skills to implement such solutions. Moreover, you will learn to assess relevant solutions that can help everyone realize the SDGs and solve some of the pressing problems. Therefore, this course can also be considered a valid alternative to enrolling.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.