- 1-5 weeks long
- 5-10 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Ugpradable
- Taught by: Nicholas King, Alice Kindschuh, Kimberley Meisinger, Jody Woodworth, Debora Sepich, Susan Sapp, Helen Abdali Soosan Fagan, Stephanie LaPuma
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
The Healthcare Administration Micro-Masters program consists of 7 courses and a capstone exam. After completing, you can also apply to Doane University to complete your MBA online for approximately $10,500 (more details below).
The demand for skilled Healthcare Administrators is projected to grow 17 percent between 2016 and 2026,
The Healthcare Administration Micro-Masters program will introduce learners to management and leadership frameworks, theories and case studies specific to healthcare organizations. It will also prepare students with the skills to manage the complex issues inherent in healthcare systems and lead in the public health sector.
Learners will examine a variety of evidence-based methods to advocate for patients, families, and communities, as well as within healthcare organizations. They will also explore financial management techniques used to prepare budgets, develop financial forecasts, assess investment alternatives, and leverage capital structures all within the context of healthcare organizations and explore the healthcare system economic environment by taking on managerial roles.
- Healthcare Administration will allow learners to navigate and advance within a variety of healthcare settings.
- The Healthcare Industries’ need for Healthcare Administrators has an average yearly growth of 17% and career opportunities for highly trained Healthcare Administrators continue to rise.
- A successful Healthcare Administrator possesses analytical, communication, interpersonal, leadership and technical skills, and is detail oriented.
- Career opportunities in healthcare for advancement as directors, managers, public health and healthcare industry leaders.
- Medical and Health Services Managers median salary in 2016 was $96,540 per year
What You’ll Learn:
- How to use management and leadership frameworks, theories, and case studies to address complex issues in healthcare organizations
- Evidence-based methods for planning, organizing, leading, and advocating for patients, families and communities in the public health sector
- How to manage the economic environment in healthcare
- Financial Management techniques to prepare budgets, financial forecasts, assess investment alternatives, and leverage capital structures within healthcare organizations
- Evaluate the value of new healthcare delivery systems and interventions on the basis of quality, safety, efficiency and cost effectiveness using accumulated data.
- Evaluate health policy as it applies to industry economics, needs demands and quality of care.
- Apply advocacy skills including quality of care, patients-rights, cultural competency and preventative care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of healthcare system providers, financing, consumerism, past and future trends and regulatory and legal framework.
- Apply leadership frameworks, skills and functions of management in planning, organizing leadership and systems control.