Reiki is usually a Japanese art healing process where universal energy is transferred from the practitioner to the patient. Since more and more people have started to pay attention to adopting a healthy lifestyle, the demand for natural health professionals in this regard has increased to a great extent. And Reiki is known to be the most effective and thriving natural health field and thus its demand is increasing.
Reiki’s focus is on harnessing universal energy through the use of the healer’s hands and transferring heat and energy to all such places that need healing.
- Reiki’s Benefits
- Can Reiki Replace Traditional Treatments?
- Reiki Certifications
- How Does It Work?
- Reiki Session – Overview
- Reiki-Certified Job Outlook
Reiki comes with infinite benefits. It helps a person to relax and reduce stress. Reiki aims to improve the overall health and well-being of a person. With that it;
- Helps reduce symptoms of anxiety and stress.
- Allows a person to reach a meditative state.
- Similarly, it helps in creating feelings of relaxation, peace, security, and wellness.
- Next, it helps in the healing of tissue and bone after an injury or even surgery.
- It helps support the well-being of all those individuals who are receiving any medical treatments. This includes chemotherapy, kidney dialysis, radiation, and surgery.
- It helps stimulate your body’s immune system.
- Moreover, it relieves pain and tension.
- It allows your body to heal on its own.
Reiki in all aspects helps a person become better not only physically but mentally. When your mind and body are relaxed and free from all kinds of stress, you would eventually feel much better and would start to enjoy living your life.
Can Reiki Replace Traditional Treatments?
Even though we have just mentioned earlier that it helps in the healing of bones and tissues after an injury or surgery, that doesn’t mean people should stop seeking medical attention and completely rely on Reiki to become better. Reiki is a healing process and yes it heals one’s body but it shouldn’t be used as a substitute for the consultation of a physician or a psychotherapist.
In some cases, if you already have a good health condition then yes, regular Reiki treatments can improve your body’s ability to respond to stress and it can serve as a form of preventive medicine.
There are many private Reiki education companies out there trying to teach this healing art to as many people as they can. They offer a Reiki certification or even a license of their own. However, many states don’t require a license or certification to practice Reiki. But if you do have a Reiki certification then it validates your skills as a Reiki practitioner and more people would come to you.
The Reiki Licensing Commission for Reiki Masters and Healers (RLCRMH) has strict standards of Reiki teaching and offers different license designations;
- Licensed Reiki Master
- Licensed Reiki Healer Coach
- Licensed Reiki Master Coach
- Licensed Reiki Healer
- Licensed Reiki Coach Instructor
- Licensed Reiki Apprentice Healer
- Licensed Reiki Master Instructor
How Does It Work?
Reiki practitioner is the one who has to act as a conduit between you and the source of the universal life force energy. The energy then flows to you through the practitioner’s hands.
From what we heard from a Reiki practitioner, the patient can determine the energy flow from the practitioner’s hands by taking only what they need. The benefit here is that this allows the patient to think that the practitioner is only supporting him in what he needs rather than what the practitioner thinks he needs. And that is how the perfect balance to meet the patient’s needs is met.
Reiki Session – Overview
Now let us talk a little about what happens in a Reiki session:
- The treatment typically lasts about 50 minutes.
- During the session, the patient is asked to lie on a massage table.
- Then the Reiki practitioner gently places their hands and palms down on or just above the patient’s body but in specific energy locations.
- The practitioner uses a series of 12 to 15 different hand positions. The total time that the practitioner leaves their hands in each position is calculated by the flow of energy through their hands at each location. And this is what this 50-minute session is about.
Note that, Reiki is different from other touch therapies in a way that there is no pressure or massage, or even manipulation involved.
Reiki-Certified Job Outlook
The field of energy medicine is emerging and there is no lie in that. And Reiki has gained a lot of popularity both as a form of treatment and as a field of practice. This field is luckily expanding constantly and thus offers many opportunities. So it is safe to say a career in Reiki can be started and one can make good money out of it.
You can either start your own private practice or work in an existing massage therapy center.
As the health industry is growing rapidly so does the demand for natural healing and practices is increasing. And it is safe to say that out of all the popular healing arts, Reiki is a good option to consider. It is a respected certification and can add value to your natural health qualifications.