- 8 weeks long
- 10-12 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Ugpradable
- Taught by: Bo Yuan, Jonathan S. Weissman, Yin Pan, Tong Sun
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
Gain the essential knowledge and expertise in network security and forensics needed for cybersecurity in enterprise environments.
In this Cyber security Micro-Masters program, you will learn:
- Fundamentals of networks;
- Systems administration;
- How to protect computer networks and other systems by mitigating vulnerabilities and monitoring intrusions;
- How to perform digital forensic analysis of cybercrime by gathering information on the nature and extent of the attack for presentation in a court of law, as well as assessing the extent of the damage to an organization;
- Techniques of risk analysis;
- Risk assessment and vulnerability assessment.
The Micro-Masters program capstone experience for verified learners entails practical demonstration of these skills.
- Exciting career opportunities as security analyst, security engineer, security architect, forensics investigator, cybersecurity specialist, and more!
- Cybersecurity positions are expected to rise 6 million globally by 2019 (source: Forbes, January 2016)
- If you are already in the IT field, expect a 9% raise in pay for security expertise (source: Forbes, January 2016)
- Median salary for information security analyst for 2015 is $90,000 (source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics)
What You’ll Learn:
- How to setup and secure basic computer systems and networks
- Information security risk management framework and methodologies
- How to implement network security solutions and detect intrusions
- How to conduct a digital forensics investigation admissible to a court
- To practice cybersecurity skills in real world scenarios