- EIT Food via FutureLearn
- 5,480+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ 4.7 (104 Reviews)
This is an open level course that informs citizens and employees working in departments related to food on how to reduce food waste considerably. It is an informative course that only helps employees but also provides great tips and tricks to restaurant owners, chefs along with regular citizens who make food regularly. With the changing ways of the world, this course serves to be a practical one which provides information on the importance of food and how to change our usual ways personally and practically.
This course is divided into different topics which tackle each problem and their solution at an understandable pace. It is a CPD Certified course and experienced
instructors teaching it in an engaging manner. It’s developed by European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), EIT Food, and University of Reading. Together, they have developed a commendable course worth taking and has proven to be very successful.
TTC Course Analysis:
Following are the results of comprehensive analysis of “From Waste to Value: How to Tackle Food Waste” online course by our team of experts.
TakeThisCourse Sentiment Analysis Results:
In order to facilitate our learners with real user experience, we performed sentiment analysis and text mining techniques that generates following results:
- TTC analyzed a total of 104 reviews for this online course.
- The analysis indicates that around 93% reviews were positive while around 07% of reviews had negative sentiment.
- EIT Food online course received a total score of 4.7 out of 5, based on user opinions related to 4 effectiveness factors including content, engagement, quality practice and career benefit.
TTC Course Effectiveness:
|Online Course Effectiveness Score (Learn More)|
|4.5 / 5.0
|4.9 / 5.0
|5.0 / 5.0
|5.0 / 5.0
Based on learner reviews we believe:
- The content of this course is informational and useful.
- The instructor is interactive and makes the course engaging and fun.
- This course provides tests to help the learners test their learning.
- It will play a big role in helping people connected to the food sector.
Pros & Cons:
- It is a CPD accredited course.
- Students can learn at their own pace.
- Offers practice tests.
- Sources of data are limited to Europe only.
What Learners Are Saying About this Course:
This section contains feedback that has been given by online learners about this course. Note that we have divided these reviews based on our main points mentioned below;
- This is a very good and organized lesson that teaches you nearly everything about food waste. From the statistics at first telling you the importance to tackle food waste to so many useful tips regarding home, community, and government; the three perspectives are explored in order to help make a change. (Lin, ★★★★★)
- This was one of the most eye-opening courses I have ever been part of. The content of this course proved to be really helpful as now I am in the process of changing everything I do to become better at food management; which includes re-arranging my fridge to buying more locally produced food and finding ways to use all my veggie leftovers. Way to go. I highly recommend this corse. (Andria J, ★★★★★)
- This was a great course which included lots of statistics and practical tips that I will be able to use in my daily life. The examples and content of the course were very resourceful. (Rees B, ★★★★★)
- This was a very interesting course, and held my attention for longer than I expected. It provides some fascinating data on the waste that goes on in our world and the practical tips for us to reduce our own wasteful habits from both, the course and other participants, proved to be very successful. (Vivian C, ★★★★★)
- This course is definitely an interesting eye opener. The content really helped me clear up my misconceptions about food waste and gave some very useful tips on how to reduce it. I would recommend it to anybody who is interested in this subject. (Dai O, ★★★★★)
- The whole course from instructions material and reference were all very relevant to training. The participants are just like educator-experts who are equally helpful throughout the discussion and comments. I really learnt a lot from my fellow learners who had first-hand experience in the food system industry or social movements. It was a very interactive session. (Julius M, ★★★★★)
- It was a great learning experience as the entire course allowed me to have a full understanding of the topic. Also, the course was able to share groups or organizations to inspire us on how we can incorporate what we’ve learned in our everyday lives. The discussion with my fellow-learners allowed me to further explore and understand the topics. (Katrina G, ★★★★★)
- I really enjoyed the content of this course. It was highly informational and I believe It was the right fit for me. The material is well structured and explained, and there are a lot of examples and short case studies which allowed our discussion sessions to be conducted easily and the explanations were super engaging. (Alina M, ★★★★★)
- This was an excellent course. I hope it can reach a large number of people. There are some very efficient techniques discussed in this course and the tests provided prove to be really helpful for practice. (Audrey M, ★★★★★)
- I liked how the course takes you into a learning journey throughout the weeks, providing new points of view regarding food loss and waste. But not only that, it also encourages you to analyze your own personal approach to food waste, giving you tips on how to reduce it. It has made me assess and act upon some habits from my lifestyle that would end up in food being thrown away, so in that sense I am very pleased with what I have learnt for my everyday life. The tips allowed me to analyze my own behavior and put the teachings into practice. (Alvaro S, ★★★★★)
Learner’s Career Benefits:
- This course really made me think about what I do and what I need to change. This course made me completely adjust the way I deal with food. Not only has it helped me as a citizen but it has also made my work life easier as I now know how to effectively save food and reduce waste. (Danuta W, ★★★★★)
- There was not much information provided by the course leaders. It would be better if the instructors added some remarks that would help us gain more knowledge regarding this course.
- The data in this course is mainly focused on Europe and that limits the suggestions given to the learners. It would be highly beneficial for us if the course used information from countries that were outside of Europe so more people could effectively benefit from such wonderful courses and easily relate with them.
Is this Course worth taking?
We believe that this course is effective and advantageous for not just employees working with food but also regular citizens. It provides a lot of information and material on how to efficiently reduce food wastage while also easily explaining what food wastage really is. The positive reviews prove that this course has been worth the time and effort and is perfect for those who are willing to put more effort in reducing food wastage.