- Google Cloud via Coursera
- 30,042+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (2,688 Ratings)
Get prepared to learn Data Analysis that Scales. With the help of this specialization, you will be able to process petabytes of data in seconds. This specialization revolves around the knowledge of Data to Insights with Google Cloud Platform. This specialization is perfect for all of those curious minds who are keen on knowing about data analysis. This specialization will help you to know about the data analysis that scales automatically as your data grows. This Specialization has four courses. On enrolling for this course, you will be opening a path to learn to derive insights through data analysis and visualization using the Google Cloud Platform. For more online Specializations Click here.
The courses in this specialization are unique as they have interactive synopses and hands-on labs where students can explore, mine, load, visualize, and extract insights from diverse Google BigQuery datasets. Moreover, in this specialization, you will be covering data loading, querying, query pricing, schema modeling, optimizing performance, and data visualization.
|Online Course Effectiveness Score|
- The courses in the specialization are well-structured and highly informative.
- The entire learning content is explained clearly and concisely.
- The courses contain labs that help in getting hands-on experience.
- The taught skills can be applied in day-to-day work.
Who is this Course for?
Any data Analysts, Business Analysts, Business Intelligence professionals can take this course. Moreover, this course is also for Cloud Data Engineers who will be partnering with Data Analysts to build scalable data solutions on the Google Cloud Platform. If you want to gain the most out of this course, we recommend you have some proficiency with ANSI SQL.
What are the skills that you will be gaining?
Through this specialization, you will be able to gain the following skills:
4 Courses Specialization
Exploring and Preparing your Data with BigQuery (★★★★★ 4.7 | 2,422 ratings | 390 reviews)
This first course revolves around exploring and preparing your Data with BigQuery. In this course, you will look into the details of common challenges faced by data analysts are. Moreover, you will learn to solve them with the big data tools on the Google Cloud Platform. This course will help you in getting ng familiar with SQL. Alongside this, you will assess the quality of your datasets and develop an automated data cleansing pipeline that will output to BigQuery.
Creating New BigQuery Datasets and Visualizing Insights (★★★★★ 4.6 | 1,288 ratings | 133 reviews)
Now, you will hop on to learning new external datasets into BigQuery and visualize them with Google Data Studio. Once you are done with this, you will move on to covering intermediate SQL concepts like multi-table JOINs and UNIONs. These will let you analyze data across multiple data sources.
Achieving Advanced Insights with BigQuery (★★★★★ 4.7 | 960 ratings | 113 reviews)
In the third course, you will be studying the advanced Insights with BigQuery. This course will aid you to build on your growing knowledge of SQL. Not only this, but you will dive into advanced functions. With the help of this course, you will be able to break apart a complex query into manageable steps. Moving on you, will also get familiar with the internal architecture of BigQuery. Side by side, you will be gaining knowledge about SQL topics like nested and repeated fields through the use of Arrays and Structs. By the end of this course, you will be able to optimize your queries for performance and how you can achieve your data through approved views.
Applying Machine Learning to your Data with GCP (★★★★★ 4.7 | 743 ratings | 80 reviews)
This is the last and the most important course of this specialization. In this course, you will learn the actual meaning of Machine Learning and how it can benefit your business. You will be guided through ML in action and learn key ML terms. Some of the main features of ML that you will learn are instances, features, and labels. Moreover, you will get to practice invoking the pre-trained ML APIs available. I addition, you will be building your own Machine Learning models using just SQL with BigQuery ML.
Pros and Cons:
- Excellent examples.
- Engaging labs.
- Offers great insights into BigQuery.
- Deepens your knowledge of SQL.
- Difficulty with QuickLab integration.
- Repetitive content.
- Difficult instructor’s accent.
What People Are Saying About this Specialization:
Now we will be looking at some of the reviews regarding this specialization.
- I have completed numerous seminars on Coursera, anyway this one is phenomenal. Every week and every module is cunningly curated, and the course guarantees hands-on experience of GCP and every one of the software. The course is a reasonable blend of hypothesis and functional data. It was an extraordinary learning experience. I would recommend this to every individual looking for open positions in the field of information science or data analysis (Aarzu W, ★★★★★).
- Hopefully, the instructor will rehearse in bigquery with the public information. I might want to attempt to associate with every one of the ideas as yet and that would be simpler (Juan D O, ★★★★★).
- Helpful reasonable course, particularly about performance advancement. Cloud capacities have numerous alternatives, it is ideal to add window size depiction with commonsense models or connections to them (Konstantin F, ★★★★★).
- I loved the labs that went along with this course. In my opinion, the labs were detailed and thorough and led us through some advanced concepts related to digestible, understandable fashion (Jazmin C, ★★★★★).
- I’m am super impressed by the end course of this specialization. I love the initial course too. This course has managed to cover complex topics in simple, digestible ways, and provides various resources for its learners. I am now able to pursue my own learning paths and truly come to understand what I am are dealing with. In my opinion, this specialization was incredibly valuable, and I intend to pursue its subjects further on my own (Jazmin C, ★★★★★).
- In this that it would have been better if labs had different code than the one explained in the videos (Chariton C, ★★★★☆).
- This course is in need of more extensive and deep labs. So that the earners can have real knowledge. I feel like this course is just an introduction to tools and concepts but you must move more in order to really understand (Roberto L A, ★★☆☆☆).
Is this Specialization worth taking?
This is a very engaging specialization that offers helpful and highly informative data on BigQuery and SQL. The specialization contains advanced insights with cloud data lab visualization with Google Data Studio, Schema Design, Advanced Functions and so much more. All four courses are interesting and have something valuable to offer. So, if you want to know everything there is about BigQuery and SQL then this specialization is the answer.
- Google via Coursera
- 18 hours of effort required
- 41,894+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (1,907 Ratings)
- Google Training via Coursera
- 29 hours of effort required
- 81,717+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (6,784 Ratings)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.