- MIT via edX
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- 56 hours of effort required
- 25,005+ already enrolled!
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Language: English
Interested in learning the different methods for data analysis in social science? In this course, you will learn to harness and analyze data and answer questions for cultural, social, economic, and policy interest. Then you will be taught how to assess this knowledge in a step-by-step guide. You can consider this course as an assessment that is going to test your knowledge on the course content from the “Data analysis for social scientists” course. The course covers techniques in modern data analysis which includes estimation, regression, and econometrics. With that, other topics like randomized control trials, machine learning, and data visualization, and more will be discussed as well. In addition, the course will provide you with the instructions as to how to use the statistical package R.
What will you Learn from this Course?
Upon completing this course, you will be able to learn and understand the following.
- How you can summarize and describe data.
- The intuition behind statistical analysis and probability.
- Similarly, you will develop a basic understanding of various methods to help you evaluate social programs.
- Then you will learn to present results in a very compelling and truthful way.
- In addition, you will the right skills and tools for using R for data analysis.
- Hence you will learn this and much more from this course.
Who can take this Online Course?
We’d say this course should be taken by learners only when they have completed and passed the 14.310x-Data analysis for social scientists and then intend to pursue the MicroMasters credential in Statistics and Data Science.
As per the availability of the course is concerned then you should know that learners from all around the world are welcome to enroll in this course except for few countries or regions. This include Iran, Cuba, and the Crimea region of Ukarine. Though edX has solved the license problem from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control that will enable learners from these countries to enroll in any online course from edX. Yet the licenses obtained are not enough to allow edX to offer this course in all locations. But except for these mentioned counries/regions, anyone can enroll in this course.
As you can see, this Data analysis in social science course is equipped with everything you need to understand all its technicalities. Hence if you are interested in learning to summarize and describe data and present it in compelling ways in the most effective possible manner, then this course is what you need to enroll in. So, enroll today and don’t forget to stay safe, stay home, and never stop learning.
More Related Courses:
Data Analysis for Social Scientists
- MIT via edX
- 160 hours of effort required
- 96,144+ already enrolled!
Fundamentals of Statistics
- Duke via Coursera
- 20 hours of effort required
- 170,084+ already enrolled!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.