This is an excellent course that will help learners get familiar with Spark Streaming and Scala. This course allows learners to get a crash course in the Scala programming language and how to operate it. Through this course, learners will work with real live data from Twitter, along with stimulated streams of Apache access logs, and data that was used to train machine earning models. This course will help them get exposure to numerous features while sitting at home on their own PCs. This course is taught by a former engineer and a senior manager from Amazon and IMDb. This shows that the instructors are experts in this field of work and have a vast knowledge of this particular topic.
Toward the end of this course, students will also be shown how to take the jobs to a real Hadoop cluster and run them in a production environment. Some more features of this course will include different things like using structured streaming to stream into data frames, dumping streams of data to NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, running SQL queries on streamed data in real-time, and more. Overall this course is filled with information and has a lot of useful content for anyone wanting to learn further about this topic.
TTC Course Analysis:
Following are the results of comprehensive analysis of “Streaming Big Data with Spark Streaming and Scala” online course by our team of experts.
TakeThisCourse Sentiment Analysis Results:
In order to facilitate our learners with real user experience, we performed sentiment analysis and text mining techniques that generates following results:
- TTC analyzed a total of 555 reviews for this online course.
- The analysis indicates that around 84% reviews were positive while around 16% of reviews had negative sentiment.
- Sundog Education online course received a total score of 4.2 out of 5, based on user opinions related to 4 effectiveness factors including content, engagement, quality practice and career benefit.
TTC Course Effectiveness:
|Online Course Effectiveness Score (Learn More)|
|4.6 / 5.0
|4.6 / 5.0
|4.3 / 5.0
|4.6 / 5.0
Based on learner reviews we believe;
- The content of this course is informative and knowledgeable.
- The course is easy to understand and the instructor is engaging.
- The course contains additional learning material to help learners increase their knowledge along with activities that will allow them to practice their skills.
- The course teaches skills that can help you excel in your career if you work at a company with “big data”.
Pros & Cons:
- This course has knowledgeable instructors.
- The course offers hands-on activities.
- Offers easily digestible content.
- It only talks about the basics.
What Learners Are Saying About this Course:
This section contains feedback that has been given by online learners about this course. Note that we have divided these reviews based on our main points mentioned below;
- This is a comprehensive and very well-presented course. The examples are discussed in great detail during different sections of the course. It contains some excellent content that proved to be very useful for me. (Syed, ★★★★★)
- This is a great course with a lot of practical content and is very useful with the topics that allow me to analyze data by combining different technologies and is inclusive of machine learning as well. It is a really awesome course. (Adrian A, ★★★★★)
- This is an excellent course. It is very well structured and has a great hands-on – theory balance which really benefits the students. It offers content that is easily understandable and makes learning easier. (Leonidas T, ★★★★★)
- The course is really good. I learned new things with the help of the live examples that were available. I really liked the popular hashtag program as well. I always wondered how to deal with real log files but now I know how to deal with those, too. I really appreciate this amazing course. (Kalyan M, ★★★★★)
- It is a wonderfully deep, interactive, and engrossing course. I enjoyed it from the beginning till the end. I had some problems in the beginning which were resolved very promptly by the instructor and as always, he was very helpful. Highly recommended. (Naren, ★★★★★)
- A treasure trove for those wishing to update their knowledge in the world of big data or just curious about spark. The content was filled with information and I really enjoyed learning through this course. (Asif S, ★★★★★)
- This course is of great quality. It involves someone finally discussing the code instead of just going through power-point slides. That makes the course more enjoyable. The instructor is very knowledgeable and effortlessly explains the details of the code. (Mona, ★★★★★)
- This was a really enjoyable course. Frank is very knowledgeable and engaging. The examples throughout the course are well explained and have real-world applications. The instructor was very engaging and I learned a lot. (Gabriel A, ★★★★★)
- This is an excellent course. It contains good detail that is engaging and practical. The content is very well delivered and easy to understand. (James W, ★★★★★)
- I would like to thank the instructor for being able to create such an organized and knowledgeable course solely based on hands-on practice. This was a wonderfully delivered and engaging course with lots of useful information. (Sanjay K, ★★★★★)
- Thanks to the instructor for another great course. I like the way the course is organized and his teaching style is also very commendable. (Abhiram C, ★★★★★)
- I really appreciate the hands-on approach that was taken by the instructor and the very clear explanations. Although the basic theory is provided, the course is strongly oriented towards practice and that is really appreciated. (Cosimo A, ★★★★★)
- This course has an articulate, knowledgeable, and patient instructor. The course has a good balance of theory and hands-on learning which makes it really intriguing. I would recommend this course to others as well. (Mike G, ★★★★★)
- The instructor reviews the fundamentals in a clear and concise manner. The hands-on activities are paramount to relaying the concepts of Spark Streaming and that is what made it such a great course! I definitely recommend this course to those wanting to learn Spark Streaming. Well worth the cost. (Jonathan M, ★★★★★)
Learner’s Career Benefits:
- I went from not knowing about spark streaming, Flume, Kafka, and Cassandra to writing some personal code with these technologies, packaging, and deploying on the cluster. Thanks for this wonderful course. (Alain N, ★★★★★)
- This course only talks about the basics with no details about advanced concepts. I came here expecting to learn something new however it was filled with everything that I already knew. It would be recommended if some higher-level concepts were added to make this course more worthwhile.
- I had a lot of queries after the course but the response was slow and I did not get an answer on time. Please work on that.
Is this Course worth taking?
We believe this a course with content that is easily digestible. The course offers hands-on activities and has a lot of useful material that can help people with big data and programs that are associated with it. The additional resources and practice material makes it a more enjoyable course and hence, this course is perfect for those wanting to learn more about this topic.