- Princeton University via Coursera
- 183,934+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (712 Ratings)
This is a beginner-level course that explains why programming is an essential part of the education of every student. Whether you are in sciences, engineering, arts, humanities, or any other field, it is important that you should know what programming is. Programming is considered to be the first step in understanding the nature of computer science’s undeniable impact on the modern world. And thus is it important for students to have at least a basic understanding of it.
TTC Course Analysis:
Following are the results of comprehensive analysis of “Computer Science – Programming with a Purpose” online course by our team of experts.
TakeThisCourse Sentiment Analysis Results:
In order to facilitate our learners with real user experience, we performed sentiment analysis and text mining techniques that generates following results:
- TTC analyzed a total of 234 reviews for this online course.
- The analysis indicates that around 87.6% reviews were positive while around 12.4% of reviews had negative sentiment.
- Princeton University online course received a total score of 4.4 out of 5, based on user opinions related to 4 effectiveness factors including content, engagement, quality practice and career benefit.
TTC Course Effectiveness:
|TTC Online Course Effectiveness Score|
|4.4 / 5.0
|4.5 / 5.0
|4.5 / 5.0
|4.7 / 5.0
What will you learn in this course?
Taking this course will help you;
- Get a thorough introduction to the basic programming elements including variables, conditionals, arrays, loops, I/O, etc.
- Then you will learn all about the functions.
- Next, the instructor will introduce you to the key concepts like recursion, modular programming, and code reuse, etc.
- Going further, you will understand what object-oriented programming is.
- Moreover, you will understand what Java’s built-in array data structure is.
- Next, the instructor will introduce you to different Java methods and much more.
Related: Best Python Data Structures Courses & Classes
This section contains feedback that users have given about this course. By reading actual comments from actual users, you can then decide whether or not this course is for you.
- Before taking this course, I was a complete utter programming newbie. And now that I have completed the entire course I myself cannot believe what I can do now in Java. But yes if you really want to make the most out of this course then you need to have a lot of practice and perseverance. Plus Google and Stack Overflow will be your new best friends in this new journey. (Julie C, ★★★★★).
- This was a beautiful course. Being a software developer for 10 years I really wanted to try something new and evaluate myself. You would be surprised to know this course made me realize the depth of actual Math behind all that I do and never cared how it actually happens. Big thanks to Robert. (Vinod S, ★★★★★).
- Taking this course was the best thing I did for myself. It was an amazing course and the lectures were perfect. The course was well-structured and well-explained. The exercises were very interesting ranging from beginner to challenging. I would recommend this course to all interested learners. (Lompar S, ★★★★★).
- I have taken many online courses on different subject areas and was never able to learn anything concrete from them. But can say this one is different, the most challenging and fulfilling course. I believe this course can be of great help to all those people out there who are interested in learning all about computer science programming. (Ganeesh K, ★★★★★).
- This course is for sure incredibly rewarding. The algorithms were taught in an easy-to-understand manner. The way the instructor explained things was very enriching. (William G, ★★★★★).
- This is my second course with Professor Sedgwick and Wayne and I can gladly say this course is equally engaging as the first one. It is well designed and organized and the programming assignments were the best and most valuable part from my perspective. Week 6 to week 8 were a little challenging but totally worth it. (Nathanael Y, ★★★★★).
- An extremely useful course that helped me understand all the details of computer science programming. The instructor covered all the areas step-by-step and gave me an adequate understanding of programming. Overall I am really satisfied with the information available in this course and really enjoyed listening to the instructor. (Sonali M, ★★★★★).
- This course is without any doubt a perfect blend of Mathematics, science, and programming. Taking this course can help you improve your programming skills to a great extent. The instructor’s teaching style is very unique and the assignments were challenging but helped me think out of the box. (Pankaj S, ★★★★★).
- If you want to understand the basics of programming and why it is important for us then this course is what you need. The course offers a great explanation and learning material and can be recommended to everyone no matter what subject they are studying. (Anonymous Learner, ★★★★★).
- I would say the first lecture was somehow manageable but 2nd lecture forward; you will only encounter algorithmic assignments. Yes, I do understand algorithms are a part of programming but the video tutorials only covered the basic fundamentals whereas the assignments were much more difficult. (Andrew S, ★☆☆☆☆).
- The course was not at all good. It only has basic fundamental concepts explained which are also available on YouTube so why bother to take this course? Also, you are left to learn on your own as there is no one to assist you. Even if you have questions while solving the assignments, no one will respond. (Tim R, ★★☆☆☆).
- The explanations were very poor and I really don’t feel like recommending this course to anyone. (Dominic F, ★☆☆☆☆).