Learn about the key aspects of business, from finance to marketing, to advance or start your career in the business world.
- 6 weeks long
- 3-5 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Ugpradable
- Taught by: Elicia Salzberg, Marlisse Silver Sweeney, Jeff Kroeker, Paul Cubbon, Darren Dahl, Perry Atwal, Darren DeGraaf
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
In today’s job market, fundamental management, communication and decision-making skills as well as overall business acumen continue to be of high value to employers.
In this intensive MicroMasters program, taught by one of the world’s leading academic business schools, you will learn how business works at a fundamental level, giving you the solid foundation you need to gain a competitive edge and boost your employability. Verified learners will have access to live cases, dedicated feedback and access to real-world industry insights.
You will learn core concepts of accounting, marketing, finance, and organizational behaviour. You will learn how to communicate effectively in a business setting, and immerse yourself in the reality of the business world and how it works.
The skills obtained in this program will give you the confidence to move into a business role, take on more complex projects at work, or take the next step in your management career.
- Fundamental business training can help you secure your first significant business role, or take a next step in your management career.
- Employees in technical roles looking to bridge the gap to a management career will find their job prospects significantly enhanced by the MicroMasters program.
- Job roles that would benefit include: sales/marketing coordinator, office manager, executive assistant, customer representative, management trainee, and technician.
What You’ll Learn:
- How organizations work: from understanding processes to diagnosing problems and effecting change.
- How to communicate effectively in a business setting: understanding diverse audiences and building sound arguments.
- How to use financial information to make good business decisions: the fundamental concepts of financial accounting, financial valuation, and making savings and investment decisions.
- The role of marketing in creating value for consumers: understand how organizations can succeed by analyzing consumer behaviour and acting on it.