- University of Michigan via Coursera
- 18,062+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (511 Ratings)
In this engaging course, we will be exploring the three most pressing challenges undergirding the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This includes climate change, ecosystem degradation poverty, inequality, and biodiversity loss through case studies and real-world examples. Offered by the University of Michigan, the course will discuss the trade-off, co-benefits, and synergies between these challenges.
Similarly, the course will introduce learners to the theoretical currents in Sustainability and Development. You will gain an in-depth understanding of the United Nation’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
|Online Course Effectiveness Score|
Based on learner reviews we believe;
- The content of the course is very informative, relevant, and educative.
- It offers a clear overview of the current knowledge of sustainability science and how it is applied. The course is easy to follow, well-thought, and executed.
- You will learn about many SDG tools and how to apply them through real examples and case studies.
- You can get a new perspective and insights that can be beneficial as an educator.
What will you learn in this course?
Taking this course will give you everything you need to understand Sustainable Development Goals.
- First, you will get to know all about the world’s most pressing problems. This includes poverty, ecosystem, climate change, and more.
- You will be taught how to critically analyze the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and understand their relationship with the world’s most pressing problems.
- Similarly, you will learn to assess relevant solutions that can help the SDGs and solve pressing problems as well.
- Finally, you will learn to use frameworks and evidence required to develop solutions and then apply all the learned skills to implement solutions.
Pros and Cons:
- Updated topics and material.
- Offers a lot of articles, resources, and learning material.
- Offers insightful and eye-opening content on SDGs.
- Offers important SDG tools.
- Some sessions are less interactive.
- Extremely lengthy course.
What People Are Saying About this Course:
In this section, we shall take a look at the feedback which learners have given about this course. By reading actual comments from actual users, you can get a clear picture of the course.
- I really loved the cases and examples taught by the instructors. They succeeded in giving concise and non-bias information that I believe is suitable for both beginners and intermediates.
- The teachers are great and have the tendency to explain everything about the SDGs in detail. The way they have highlighted the importance of doing something and redefining the sustainable development concept was amazing.
- I have found this course to be very relevant and informative. It has the ability to teach learners all about sustainability and development beyond the SDGs. I can recommend this course to all those interested in sustainability. The teaching methodology of the instructors is quite versatile and the course offers highly updated content.
- One can get a clear picture of the current situation of our planet with the help of this course. The content is very informative and practical.
- The course offers simple concepts and I loved everything especially the last lecture with examples of co-benefits. One thing I would like to mention here is the sound quality of the course was not good and should be improved.
- This was a very helpful course for me as it helped me understand all about Sustainable Development Goals and their importance on our planet.
- The course is no doubt good and I mostly enjoyed learning from it but I do feel like the material was quite light.
- This course offers a clear overview of the current knowledge of sustainability science. The instructors have given a detailed explanation of how it can be applied in the real world.
- The content of the course is very beneficial, simple, and easy to understand and should be taken by all those interested.
- I have found this course to be very educative and relevant. The case studies and real-life examples were the best part for me.
- This has to be an eye-opener regarding the details of the 17 SDGs. Before enrolling in this course, I had little knowledge of the SDGs and why they are important. But now I am clear on what these goals are.
Is this Course worth taking?
We believe the content of this course is very informative and it is an eye-opener regarding the details of the 17 SDGs. The instructors have explained really well the importance of these goals on our planet. So if you are to get a detailed overview of the key topics of the SDGs then this course can be considered worth your time, effort, and money.
Looking for something else? Don’t worry we have other options for you as well.
This course also focuses on sustainable development goals like our main course but the difference here is that this course will explain the value of measuring the progress on the SDGs. Next, you will be taught how to use the SDG index and dashboards as a tool for understanding the SDG progress in your country, region, or city. Similarly, you will get to identify the steps required to construct an SDG index. Just like our main course, this course will give you a clear understanding of the SDGs. You will understand the different data sources and how to select the most appropriate source for different types of data.
This course can also be considered an alternative to our main course. Here you will explore how local action is the key to achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). You will be introduced to the ideas of scale, context, and indigenous knowledge. With that, the instructor will explain how to examine the interconnection between global and local SDGs. After that, you will learn to investigate the connection between home and SDGs through different case studies.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.