- Johns Hopkins University via Coursera
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- 4 hours of effort required
- 131,687+ already enrolled!
- 4.5 ★★★★★ (5,835 Ratings)
- Skill Level: Mixed
- Language: English
By now you have definitely heard about data science and big data. In this one-week class, we will provide a crash course in what these terms mean and how they play a role in successful organizations. This class is for anyone who wants to learn what all the data science action is about, including those who will eventually need to manage data scientists.
The goal is to get you up to speed as quickly as possible on data science without all the fluff. We’ve designed this course to be as convenient as possible without sacrificing any of the essentials.
This is a focused course designed to rapidly get you up to speed on the field of data science. Our goal was to make this as convenient as possible for you without sacrificing any essential content. We’ve left the technical information aside so that you can focus on managing your team and moving it forward.
After completing this course you will know:
- How to describe the role data science plays in various contexts
- How statistics, machine learning, and software engineering play a role in data science
- How to describe the structure of a data science project
- Know the key terms and tools used by data scientists
- How to identify a successful and unsuccessful data science project
- The role of a data science manager
WEEK 1: A Crash Course in Data Science
This one-module course constitutes the first “week” of the Executive Data Science Specialization. This is an intensive introduction to what you need to know about data science itself. You’ll learn important terminology and how successful organizations use data science.
More Related Courses:
What is Data Science?
IBM Corporation via Coursera
9 hours of effort required
250,052+ already enrolled!
★★★★★ (31,765 Ratings)
Big Data Modeling and Management Systems
The University of California, San Diego via Coursera
13 hours of effort required
47,475+ already enrolled!
★★★★★ (2,363 Ratings)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.