Are you that person who is seriously considering a career in UI UX design? Well, of course if you’re considering a career in this field then you must already know what a User Interface (UI) designer does and the type of skills required right? For many individuals, this is an exciting career path and it can be for you as well if you have the right skill set and the right information in your hands. So let us take a look at the demand of UI UX designers, it’s salary statistics and market trends. By understanding its demand and the salary that you can make as a UI UX designer, it can become easy to decide whether or not this career is a wise choice. So let us start our discussion. Follow here if you’re interested to develop or enhance your UI UX design skills.
- Demand for UI UX Designers
- Demand in Terms of Job Opening
- How much can you earn as UI UX Designer
- UI UX Designer Salary Statistics
- Average Salary by Country
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Salary Statistics by Organization
- Average Salary by Country
- Final Thoughts
How much can you earn
Demand for UI UX Designers:
The first thing to be considered while choosing this career (or any other) is to find out the kind of job security this industry can offer. In short, you would want to know whether this career is in demand or not? Even though it is quite difficult to put an exact number on it but yes we can tell you one good thing relevant to job security. Check out the best free web development courses here.
Demand in Terms of Job Opening:
Now if you want to know the demand of UI UX designers in terms of job opening then following are some statistics we have compiled for you.
- There are almost 5,900 job listings linked with the search term “User Interface designer”. This shows that there are opportunities in this field.
- Similarly, Glassdoor brings up around 5,500 job listings associated to this key word.
- Lastly, 1,500 job ads were associated with this search term in LinkedIn.
How much can you earn as UI UX Designer?
Glassdoor states the national average salary of a UI UX designer in the United States of America to be $80,450 per annum. Note that this figure has been released based on over 1000 salaries that have been submitted by individuals with this job title.
Here are some best UI UX Designer Courses:
Google UX Design Professional Certificate
- Google via Coursera
- 6 months of effort required
- 114,521+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (7,602 Ratings)
UI / UX Design Specialization
- CalArts via Coursera
- 4 months of effort required
- 99,677+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (4,923 Ratings)
UI UX Designer Salary Statistics and Market Trends:
Here you can find details about the UI UX designer salary and the different companies that pay well to UI UX designers.
Average Salary by Country:
First, we shall talk about the average salary of UI UX designers country wise.
- The highest salary that you can earn as a UI UX designer is $128,000.
- The average salary that you can earn as a UI UX designer is $85,000.
- Lastly, the lowest figure would be $59,000.
- Note that this salary figure is stated per annum.
- In Germany if you want to work as a UI UX designer then the highest salary you can earn there would be €76,000 which is equivalent to $83,000.
- Similarly, the average salary you can earn there would be €51,000 which is 56,000 American dollars.
- And the lowest salary would be €36,000 which is equal to $39,000.
- In Australia, the highest salary to be earned as a UI UX designer is A$ 125,000 which is equal to 80,000 American Dollars.
- Then the average salary earned would be A$90,000 which is equal to USD $57,000.
- Similarly, the lowest salary would be A$ 69,000, equivalent to USD $44,000.
- If you are working as a UI UX designer in Canada then the highest salary you can earn there with this job title is CA $96,000 which is equal to $69,000 USD.
- The average salary would be CA $72,000 which is equal to $52,000 USD.
- Lastly, the lowest salary you can earn would be CA $51,000 which is equal to $37,000 USD.
- In the United Kingdom, the highest salary you can earn as a UI UX designer is €56,000 which is equal to $66,000 USD.
- The average salary would be €40,000 which would be equivalent to $46,000 USD.
- Lastly, the lowest salary would be €28,000 and is equal to $33,000 USD.
- If we talk about China, then as a UI UX designer, the highest salary you can earn would be ¥396,000 and is equal to $56,000 USD.
- The average salary would be ¥204,000 which is equal to $30,000 USD.
- And the lowest salary is ¥96,000 which is equivalent to $14,000 USD.
Salary Statistics by Organization:
Now let us take a look at the salary range of UI UX designers in different companies.
At Microsoft, UX designers are creating a variety of digital products that have put great influence around the globe. As Microsoft is a very stable and highly recognized platform, one must make up his mind about the interview being quite extensive. But if you manage to get selected as UX designer at Microsoft, then you can expect to make earn between $86,000 to $154,000 USD.
Working as a UX designer at Adobe would mean creating efficient and result-oriented products for others to use. As a UX designer at Adobe, you will be making an annually salary ranging between $65,000 to $163,000 USD.
The British Broadcasting Corporation also known as BBC is an award-winning production company that is based in London. At BBC, you can expect to make an average salary ranging between $38,000 to $50,000 USD.
Note: You can checkout salary statistics and market trends for more professions here.
After reading this entire article, we can easily conclude that UI UX designer is a great career and if you really want to make a good career for yourself then yes becoming a UI UX designer can be a very good option. So read this article today and know all about the UI UX designer salary statistics and market trends and never stop learning.