- UCI via Coursera
- 78,710+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (5,541 Ratings)
This specialization encloses in it a variety of topics relevant to project management. Here you will understand how to allocate project resources and define a project’s scope. With that, you will learn to apply management principles and problem-solving skills. Similarly, you will be taught how to communicate with co-workers and produce clear and concise writing. Therefore, all the learners interested in project management should enroll in this specialization.
|Online Course Effectiveness Score|
Project Management & Other Tools for Career Development Specialization Courses
There are five courses in this specialization and below you can find details of these courses.
Initiating and Planning Projects (★★★★★ 4.5 | 20,845 ratings | 3,925 reviews)
The first course identifies the key characteristic of a project. Here you will understand how to identify primary project constraints in detail. Similarly, you will get to know the roles and responsibilities of a project manager.
Managing Project Risks and Changes (★★★★★ 4.7 | 8,453 ratings | 1,086 reviews)
Second course in the specialization is all about defining the components of a communication management plan and explaining the importance of communication channels. You will learn the key elements required to measure and report project scope, schedule and understanding the cost performance.
High-Impact Business Writing (★★★★★ 4.5 | 3,461 ratings | 616 reviews)
This course explains how you can write effective business writings that include good and bad news, persuasive writing and presentations. With that, you will also learn to write business emails and reports and press releases etc.
The Art of Negotiation (★★★★★ 4.5 | 2,758 ratings | 454 reviews)
“The art of negotiation” is all about explaining the nature of negotiation and how it is different from selling. You will gain awareness of the basic doctrines of negotiation and what are the barriers to effective negotiation.
Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making (★★★★★ 4.5 | 5,203 ratings | 837 reviews)
Last course in the specialization explains how you can choose and apply specific problem solving and decision making processes and methods. With that, you will identify the common obstacles to effective problem solving.
In this section, you will get to read the comments that have been given by actual learners of this specialization. By reading their comments you can get a clearer picture of the courses in this specialization or the specialization as a whole.
- The first course in the specialization was very interesting. The mix of video presentations and powerpoints was presented in a very engaging manner. I believe the instructor of this course has done an excellent job with this course. Plus the bonus videos and panelist interviews added value to this course. (Michael F, ★★★★★).
- This “Initiating and planning projects” course was quite interesting and tends to give learners practical skills on project management that is based on PMBOK methodology. Professor Margaret is for sure a great instructor and I really enjoyed her crisp and clear style of delivering. (Vijaya Kumar, ★★★★★).
- The second course in the specialization has exceeded my expectations. The entire content is as per the PMP guidelines which I appreciate the most. This course has given a clear picture about what is expected from a project manager and what should be done when it comes to risk management. (Srikant K, ★★★★★).
- I took the second course in the specialization and it was quite straightforward and succinct. I really appreciate how well it is integrated with the previous courses and how allows us to practice and apply everything we have learned so far. (Julienne B, ★★★★★).
- The third course in the specialization was amazing as it has been taught by an amazing instructor. I believe the content of this course will help me in business communication and any type of formal communication. In short, I was able to gather important knowledge through this course. (Sabiha A, ★★★★★).
- Learning from the third course was quite fun as it was presented in an effective manner. This course had just the right amount of information in it and had the ability to cater to a diverse audience. (Abishek S, ★★★★★).
- “The art of negotiation” was a very engaging course and helped me think more thoroughly about the different elements to successful negotiation. I think I can incorporate many ideas from this course into my own practice of negotiation on the job from now on. (Amber E, ★★★★★).
- Taking the forth course from the specialization was a great experience for me as this course sheds light on the different methods of negotiations, behavior, and traits of a negotiator. The instructor has explained well how you can start and end a negotiation in a humane manner. The pace of the course was fine and the videos were informational. The extra resources, case study, and peer review assignments were of great help. (KRK, ★★★★★).
- The last course in the specialization can be recommended to all those who are pursuing a career either as managers, leaders, or professionals who have to make decisions in a company. The course can give you everything you need to solve a particular problem and make abrupt decisions. (Faye F, ★★★★★).
- The final course was quite concise and informative and consolidates one’s fundamental knowledge of the different components. (Servaz B, ★★★★★).
- Taking the first course in the specialization was probably a mistake as I was not able to understand anything related. Even though the instructor Margaret Meloni seemed enthusiastic and pleasant to listen to yet the content she shared was sparse. It seemed like she was only reading a presentation which anyone can get from a book as well. (Hermione F, ★★☆☆☆).
- The third course was fine but not an excellent one. It was a mix of general tips as to how you can write professionally with some corporate-specific information. Overall I didn’t learn anything special from this course. (Vinayak I, ★★☆☆☆).
- The forth course was a little too theoretical for me. The instructor could have increased the number of attempts for quiz. Overall it was not worth my time and I don’t feel like recommending this course to any of my peers. (Daniel LT, ★★☆☆☆).
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.