- Griffith University via FutureLearn
- 41,832+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (446 Ratings)
Big data analytics is something that helps us understand the huge volume of information that is generated by our world. These analytics are then used by us for uncovering hidden patterns and predict trends, gauge customer opinions and so much more. This course is all about learning how to evaluate data from different sources. You will be taught how big data is used in different industries for solving problems and shaping our future according to it.
Related: Big Data vs Data Mining
|Online Course Effectiveness Score|
What will you learn from this course?
Taking this course will give you;
- A detailed introduction to big data and where it comes from.
- Then you will get an overview of the data analytics cycle.
- Next, you will understand all about the social media platforms and types of data.
- The instructor will also talk about the applications of big data across different industries.
- Then you will understand the key concepts of big data analytics.
- Similarly, you will learn to evaluate from different sources.
- Then you will be taught how to identify the implications of big data analytics.
- Moreover, you will understand how big data analytics can solve problems across disciplines.
In this section, we will be looking at the comments that users have given about this course. These reviews are from actual users who have shared their learning experiences.
- This course has allowed me to understand so many new things about how to use big data and improve our future. The pacing of the videos was good. The lectures were quite engaging and easy to understand. I really enjoyed learning from this course. (Ramay A, ★★★★★).
- I can say this course offers rich content and is well structured. The best thing about this course was its up-to-date content and the inclusion of different resources, articles, web pages, etc is what made the course so interesting. (Savan D, ★★★★★).
- The course offers a general overview of big data analytics and is suitable for beginners like me who can only learn things the slow way. (Boon L, ★★★★★).
- This was an excellent course offering very interesting subtopics and case studies. The length of the course was pretty suitable and I believe this course is for all the non-IT individuals. (Ahmed S, ★★★★★).
- Only because of this course, did I gain a clear understanding of how big data is used in real life. (Anene F, ★★★★★).
- This was a fundamental yet comprehensive course which is quite suitable to learn from. I just want the instructor to share his feedback in the comment section as well, as I had a few questions and it would be nice to get assisted. (Macy H, ★★★★★).
- Learning from this course has been a great experience for me and I believe I am on the right path. As an introductory course, it was refreshing to have an overview of each concept. (Victor M, ★★★★★).
- I believe the level of the course was introductory and thus appropriate for me. Completing this course was a great experience for me. Looking forward to enrolling in advanced data analytics courses now. (VR, ★★★★★).
- What I loved the most about this course is the way the instructor has broken down all the content into ways that demystified it. I have a higher appreciation for data analytics and taking this course just confirmed it. (Laura C, ★★★★★).
- The course was easy overall and the material covered was up-to-date and concise. (Zoe N, ★★★★★).
- I have found this course to be great, the introduction to data analytics and data science was very engaging, informative, and simple. (Carola L, ★★★★★).
- Really loved the example Moneyball and how you can collect data and then present it. Other topics were also explained really well. Overall the course was worth my time, effort, and money. (Razon S, ★★★★★).
- An amazing course that contains interesting content. As a beginner, I was looking for a course that could spoon-feed me everything and this course was it. (Ronaldo S, ★★★★★).
- This course has exceeded my expectations. The content was comprehensively explained and was quite relevant and interesting to follow. (Jose D, ★★★★★).
- The teaching methodology followed throughout was appreciable. The entire content was great. (Marius A, ★★★★★).
- As a beginner, the difficulty level of the course was just too perfect. However, the course was basic yet I needed exactly this type to prepare myself for big data analytics. Now I can take other advanced courses and specialize in this field as well. (Preeti C, ★★★★★).
- The course offers a nice and short introduction to big data analytics which kept me glued to the screen. Sebastian has been a great instructor and I really appreciate the efforts which have been put into this course. (Sajid L, ★★★★★).
- This was a nice foundational course to get started with big data. The explanation of the 5Vs of big data was very interesting and understandable. The use of real-world examples to explain different concepts was great. (Adithya S, ★★★★★).
- I would say this course offers clear and easy-to-understand information about what big data is. I really enjoyed finding out about the analytics cycle and the types of data as well. (Stephanie A, ★★★★★).
- The instructor was good but some information was not interesting. (Mason P, ★★☆☆☆).
- The course could have been better than this. There is so much about big data analytics that the instructor did not even mention. (Krish J, ★★☆☆☆).
- The introduction to big data analytics seemed like a formality as only a little information was available which surprised me a lot. (Shaun M, ★★☆☆☆).
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.