- Monash University via FutureLearn
- 50,086+ already enrolled!
- 12 Hours of effort required!
- ★★★★★ (361 Ratings)
In this course, you will get to understand how new behavior can be learned by examining the different types of psychological conditioning. Here the instructor will cover famous historical experiments and current learning theories. Taking this course will help you understand the difference between instinctive and learned behaviors. You will then be taught the various approaches to how to learn them.
Going further, you will interpret the influence of behaviorism on the study of learning. Then the instructor will explain the basic principles of classical and operant conditioning. After that, you will get to identify the role of classical and operant conditioning in a real-world situation. Finally, the instructor will explain how biological factors can influence some forms of learning. Therefore, taking this course will help you understand all about Psychology in detail.
TTC Course Analysis:
Following are the results of comprehensive analysis of “Psychology of Learning” online course by our team of experts.
TakeThisCourse Sentiment Analysis Results:
In order to facilitate our learners with real user experience, we performed sentiment analysis and text mining techniques that generates following results:
- TTC analyzed a total of 361 reviews for this online course.
- The analysis indicates that around 96% reviews were positive while around 4% of reviews had negative sentiment.
- Monash University’s online course received a total score of 4.8 out of 5, based on user opinions related to 4 effectiveness factors including content, engagement, quality practice and career benefit.
TTC Course Effectiveness:
|Online Course Effectiveness Score (Learn More)|
|4.9 / 5.0
|4.7 / 5.0
|4.8 / 5.0
|4.9 / 5.0
Based on learner reviews we believe;
- The content of this course is very informative and offers a detailed overview of Psychology.
- The instructor explained all the topics in an engaging manner. The course contains information that has been presented in a clear and concise way.
- The course contains real-life examples that make one’s learning experience more interactive.
- Learners can develop good Psychology skills that can help strengthen one’s knowledge of this field.
Pros & Cons:
- High rating of 4.7.
- Contains real-life examples.
- Teaches amazing concepts of Psychology.
- Not enough explanation of some topics.
- Some reference links are outdated.
What Learners Are Saying About this Course:
This section contains feedback that has been given by learners about this course. Note that we have divided these reviews based on our four main points mentioned below;
- The content of this course is not only comprehensive but very informative. Even though it was a bit challenging but this challenge added to my current little idea of understanding psychology. (Diadema R, ★★★★★)
- I have found this course to be immensely enjoyable and it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. The level of the content was fine for me and it helped me learn a lot. (Rebecca F, ★★★★★)
- I have sincerely enjoyed learning from this course. The progression of learning was not only ideal but the content was brilliant as well. The response by the support team was also great. (Gareth L, ★★★★★)
- The course has content that is quite useful for newbies like me. The course is indeed a good one and worth taking. (Yelyzaveta H, ★★★★★)
- I really like this course as the content is not pressing and is well explained. The on-point examples were fun to learn from and I can say this course is a good refresher for all those who are already learning Psychology or interested in learning about it from scratch. (Hannah V, ★★★★★)
- This course has taught me a lot of interesting and amazing concepts about psychology. The content is precise and explained to the point. Altogether it is a wonderful course. (Gauri P, ★★★★★)
- I have found all the modules of this course to be very interesting and fun to learn from. The course offers a good level of depth and detail along with plenty of opportunities for further research and reading. (Julie B, ★★★★★)
- I would like to thank the instructor for this highly engaging course. I learned a lot of useful information from it. (Regina B, ★★★★★)
- The level was right for me and it gave me everything I needed to understand the fundamentals of behaviorism theory of learning. I can say this course is a great opportunity to so much about psychology. (Marta P, ★★★★★)
- I don’t practice anymore and that is why decided to take this course as a refresher and it turned out to be a great one. The entire course was engaging and allowed me to refresh a lot of concepts. (Neischa M, ★★★★★)
- This course covered everything you need to understand about Psychology. The real-life examples were a great source to understand so many concepts. Yes, the course was a bit challenging but in a good way. I really want to thank the instructor and FutureLearn for teaching me so much about Psychology. (Sylvia B, ★★★★★)
- This course taught me a lot of new things like classical conditioning, and operant conditioning and most importantly it taught me what observational learning is. In short, this course has taught me a new skill. (Sonali J, ★★★★★)
- The level of the course was just right for me and it is a well-taught course that had so many interacting examples to help you understand the concepts in a better way. (Kgalaletso L, ★★★★★)
Learner’s Career Benefit:
- This course has a lot of useful and practical knowledge that has helped me build a great foundation for my career. I really appreciate the efforts that have been put into this course. (Zhen W, ★★★★★)
- This was a very interesting course that allowed me to remember my previously learned concepts. It also helped me incorporate new information at my workplace. (Anonymous Learner, ★★★★★)
- The course was fine but I was expecting it to have content that could help us understand how to use Psychology in real life. Yes, there was a little information about that as well but the majority of the course had basic topics. The instructor could have added more advanced concepts as well.
- The material of the course was dry. I was expecting there would be some case studies or the instructor’s own experience to make our learning experience more fun, but that was not the case.
- Overall the course is good and the only thing that needs improvement is the typing errors as I found quite a few. If the instructor could just focus on that part, it would be great.
Is this Course worth taking?
This is a very engaging and easy to comprehend course that has everything you need to know about the Psychology of Learning. The instructor has tried to be as illustrative as possible and kept the course content highly informative. Therefore, if you need to improve your Psychology skills or understand all about it from scratch then this course is a good option.