Chemistry is a very interesting yet confusing subject that demands clear and concise information regarding every aspect. What are the elements, how they react, their properties, chemical reactions, and many other topics come to mind when we talk about Chemistry. In this course, you will get a chance to focus on the main group elements of Chemistry. You’ll get to understand all about the chemistry of s- and p- block elements, their structure, and bonding concepts in detail. With that, the course will also help you gain a systematic understanding of their chemical reactivity. Not just that, this course also encloses in it, details about the applications in organic synthesis. The course has many many topics explained in quite a detail and all the topics are divided into different weeks. Therefore, we can say that this course has everything there is to know about the main group elements of chemistry.
Online courses are without any doubt the most comfortable and affordable way of learning something. Online Biochemistry Course and Degree Programs, MOOCs are a suitable way for you to understand this subject area at your ease and pace.
What will you be learning from the Main Group Elements course?
Main Group Elements is a very detailed course which means that you will be getting access to a number of lecture videos and each one covering a different topic. So let us shed some light on what you will be learning from this course.
- First, you will get a detailed introduction to the classification of elements and periodic properties.
- After that, the instructor is going to shed some light on the periodic properties, periodic trends, and then the classification of main group compounds.
- Then comes the next lecture which is about the classification of main group compounds.
- Going further, you will get to everything there is about the effective nuclear charge.
- Next, you will be getting a detailed lecture on the structure and bonding aspects which includes the Lewis structures and the VSEPR theory.
- Similarly, the instructor is then going to talk about the structure and bonding aspects of the VSEPR theory.
- Right after this topic, you will get to know what the Valence Bond theory is.
- Furthermore, the instructor then aims to help you understand the structure and bonding aspects of the MO theory.
- Then comes a very interesting topic which is an introduction to Chemistry of Hydrogen.
- Going further with the course, you will get to know what hydrogen bonding and hydrides are.
- Similarly, in the next lecture, you will get to know what the Chemistry of group 1 elements is.
- Not just that, you will also get to know everything there is about the Chemistry of group 2 elements.
- Next comes detailed information on the Chemistry of group 13 elements.
- Then other group elements like 12, 14, 15, 17, 18, etc will also be discussed in a step-by-step guide.
- Once you are able to complete all these topics, the instructor is going to give you a detailed explanation of what the organometallic compounds of main group elements are.
- This topic is going to be a long one as it has a lot of technicalities to be explained. As soon as you’re done with this topic, you’ll then be given an overall summary and that is the end of the Course.
Need a certificate of completion? Here’s how to get one:
- Getting a certificate of completion is mere proof that not only have you completed the Main Group Elements course but also passed the exam which validates your skills. So that is why many people are eager to get a certificate of completion.
- Though the course is free to enroll, if you want a certificate then there is a specific fee that you have to pay.
- If you want to become eligible for a certificate then you should know that,
- 25% of the average of the best 8 assignments out of 12 will be included.
- 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100 will also be included.
- Thus, the final score will be calculated as follows.
- Final score: average assignment score + exam score.
- And know that if the average assignment score is greater and equal to 10/25 and the exam score is greater and equal to 30/75, only then you will be eligible for a certificate. And if one of the 2 criteria is not met then the situation would be otherwise.
So this is everything you need to know about what the Main Group Elements course has to offer and what you need to do to earn a Free Online Courses with certificates of completion as well. Therefore, enroll now, and don’t forget to stay home, stay safe, and never stop learning.