There is a whole different category of people out there who try to work day in day out to prepare for the CSM exam. Why because they pretty much know the value of CSM certification and what impact it can put on to their career. Furthermore, passing the CSM exam is proof of your fine abilities that you can work as a scrum master effectively. Moreover, managers in this industry have a mindset that whoever has the CSM certification is the one to be accepted first.
Are you interested to take the CSM certification Practice Exam? If Yes! click here CSM Exam Practice Questions. Becoming a ScrumAlliance certified will have an impeccable impact on your resume thereby resulting in advancing your career.
In short, you can say that getting a CSM certification by passing the CSM exam is quite worthy of your time, effort, and investment. Though we just said that the CSM certification is quite worthy and can make you successful. But there are many people here who expect us to mention some positive and negative points of earning CSM certification. This will help them understand more clearly whether this certification is for them or not.
So first we are going to mention some of the positive aspects of why you should prepare for the CSM exam. Similarly, after that, we’ll mention some of the negative aspects (if any) too.
The Positive Side of the CSM Exam:
- Passing the CSM exam and earning a certification puts a great impression on you in your organization. Suddenly people start to think that you are more committed to this field than those who are not certified. Thus you get this chance to stand out tall in the crowd.
- This is a great return on investment. Though you have spent a lot of money in preparing for the exam. But as soon as you pass the CSM exam, things change for you. In other words, the roadmap towards enhancing your career gets easier.
- If you pass the CSM exam, this would mean that you also have a strong grip over the pillars of a scrum project. These pillars are product backlog, sprint backlog, burndown charts, etc.
- The CSM certification will help you become more admissible and marketable in your field.
- As a CSM, you are going to be recognized as a part of an elite group of scrum specialists. Who like you have also passed the CSM exam and are proven to guide their teams.
The Negative Side of the CSM Exam:
- As soon as you become a CSM certified, your workload increases. Being an employee who has less experience in this field would result in jeopardizing the whole project that has been handed to you. So the work pressure and expectations here are too much.
Alternate Options to Become a Scrum Master:
It is okay if you have this urge to become a scrum master but don’t want a CSM certification. This certification is surely not the end of the world because there are other alternates as well to become a scrum master.
- You can either become a Professional Scrum Master (PSM). This certification is offered by Scrum.org.
- Similarly, there is another option that is, become an Agile Certified Practitioner. This certification is offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and that is why it is called PMI-ACP.
Some other Courses for Scrum Certifications
|#||Course Name||Instructor Name||Duration|
|3.||LearnSmart LLC|| |
|4.||LearnSmart LLC|| |
We can, therefore, say that overall the CSM certification has its place in the industry that no one can replace. It comes with a variety of benefits that outweighs the few cons it has. So it is best to prepare for the CSM exam sincerely to secure your future.
Still, after reading all this, you are not convinced with the CSM certification but want to become a Scrum master, then you know the alternate ways too. So decide what you want today and never stop learning.