- Who is a Human Resource Manager?
- Key Job Responsibilities of a Human Resource Manager
- Required Qualification/Education
- What makes you qualified for this job?
- Top Companies/Organizations Hiring Human Resource Manager
- Human Resource Manager Salary Statistics
Who is a Human Resource Manager?
An HR manager is someone who has to oversee the entire administrative and organizational work of a company or business that he works for. The manager has to head the entire HR department and plays an important part in bridging the gap between management and employees. He can work in nearly every industry and as long as a company has employees, it would definitely need an HR manager to do different tasks. This includes hiring, training, organizing, and developing the culture of the company.
Human resource managers are always in the frontlines of building the staff that plays an important part in a successful organization. They even have to work with the administrative staff and maximize the value of employees. Similarly, they have to make sure that everyone is working the way they should and that maximum productivity is achieved. You might also be interested in Best + Free Online HR Certificate Programs.
Key Job Responsibilities of a Human Resource Manager
An HR manager has to act like a machine and do a lot of tasks in one go. HR Manager’s key responsibilities include;
- Supervise different kinds of disputes and oversee all the disciplinary procedures.
- Take care of the benefits of the employee and oversee the compensation programs.
- Handle employee’s relations and take care of the safety of his staff, efficiently.
- Always know that the role of a human resource manager largely depends on the size of the company. If you work in a smaller company, then the key responsibilities will be slightly less than that of working in a larger organization or company.
- In larger organizations you may have to;
- Conduct training sessions and hire new and seasoned employees.
- Find new and unique talent for the company.
- Conduct inspections and maintain all kinds of accident records.
- Develop health programs for the employees.
- Negotiate union contracts, bargain agreements, and resolve all kinds of grievances.
- To become a human resource manager, you would typically need a combination of a Bachelor’s degree along with some work experience.
- With that, some companies demand that you must have a Master’s degree as well.
- But usually, there are many companies that only require a Bachelor’s degree.
Relevant In-demand Certifications:
You can find the following HR Professional Certifications:
What makes you qualified for this job?
A cloud architect can never only rely on a degree, instead some hard and soft skills are also required to work efficiently and meet all the requirements.
- An HR manager should have legal skills that can help him stay compliant with state and federal laws.
- There are around 400+ different software, and HR manager should have experience using these software.
- Business management skills play a very important part in taking care of administrative tasks.
- Sufficient financial knowledge is very important to have as an HR manager would have to deal with annual budgets, payroll, benefits, etc. And to pull off all this work, financial knowledge would be of great help.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Good work relationships with employees.
- Meticulous organizational skills are also important to possess.
- The ability to think out of the box and be innovative.
Top Companies/Organizations Hiring Human Resource Manager
It is obvious that HR plays a very important part in helping any company whether big or small run smoothly. Without HR, a company can never go by smoothly not even for a single day. And thus it has become one o the fastest-growing fields, especially in the United States. It has been revealed that the employment of human resource managers is most likely to grow 7 percent from 2021 to 2031. This percentage is as fast as the average for all occupations. With that, 16,300 openings for human resource managers are also projected each year making this profession favorable for many.
Top companies like Amazon, Walmart, UPS, Target, Accenture, Capital One, Spectrum, ADP, etc are most likely to hire Human Resource Managers.
Human resource managers can work in industries like consumer products, publishing, restaurant, telecommunications, retail, banking, pharmaceutical, and many others easily. Large companies often have more than one human resource manager.
Human Resource Manager Salary Statistics
In this section, we shall talk about the salary statistics of human resource managers working in different major countries. By getting an idea of how much an HR manager can earn in different countries, you can get a clear picture of the demand for this role.
|Country||Average Salary (Yearly)|
Working in the United States as a human resource manager can help you make an average annual salary of $80,284.
The average annual salary of a human resource manager working in Canada is around $95,329.
In UK, if you are working as a human resource manager then you can easily make an average annual salary of £55,972.
In India, the average annual salary of a human resource manager is around ₹900,000.
Those individuals who are working in Australia as human resource managers can make an average annual salary of AS$132,000.
- Please note that mentioned salary stats are as of May, 2023.