- CALARTS via Coursera
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- 6 Months of effort required
- 231,533+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (12,447 Ratings)
In this specialization, you will gain the fundamentals skills that are required to become a graphic designer. You will learn to communicate through image-making and typography through this specialization. The specialization also contains a capstone project which you can add to your professional portfolio. Therefore learn everything you need to know about interface design, motion graphics, and editorial design through this specialization. You can also checkout graphic designing courses.
|Online Course Effectiveness Score (Learn More)|
Best Graphic Design Certificate (5 courses):
There are five courses in this specialization and below are the details to it.
Fundamentals of Graphic Design (★★★★★ 4.8 | 13,728 ratings | 3,541 reviews)
Here you will learn to explore and investigate visual representative through a range of image-making techniques. The instructor will explain the basic principles of working with shape, color, and pattern and also talk about the skills of typography.
Introduction to Typography (★★★★★ 4.8 | 4,725 ratings | 1,004 reviews)
In this course, you will study and measure the characteristics of letterforms. Next, the instructor will talk about the pragmatic concerns which are involved in selecting and combining type.
Introduction to Imagemaking (★★★★★ 4.5 | 2,391 ratings | 527 reviews)
In this course, you will get to experiment with a range of materials and techniques which are required to make images for graphic design. You will get to expand your visual vocabulary both in terms of making and talking about your work.
Ideas from the History of Graphic Design (★★★★★ 4.7 | 2,090 ratings | 438 reviews)
This is a condensed survey course that aims to focus on four key periods or themes from the history of design in the West. The instructor will help you trace the emergence of designs as a recognized practice. You will understand why things look the way they do in detail.
Brand new Brand (★★★★★ 4.9 | 939 ratings | 248 reviews)
This last course takes you through the entire design process. From ideation to creation to presentation, you will learn everything in detail. Here you will be creating and giving a visual identity to an imaginary start-up company. And then apply identity to different forms.
So the above were the details of the courses available in this specialization. Now, in this section we are going to take a look at the feedback which actual users have given about this specialization or the courses available in it.
- I believe this specialization has helped me a lot in understanding the fundamentals of graphic designing. I always wanted to do something in this field but never had the time or resources to do it. But thanks to this specialization, I got what I wanted (Anonymous learner, ★★★★★).
- I took the first course in the specialization and it was great. The assignments were top notch and quite engaging. The lectures were so interesting that I wish they would have been a little longer. Either way the course was great and I enjoyed learning from it (Katie K, ★★★★★).
- The first course had a great overview to offer relevant to graphic design. I really liked how it takes you into the basics of different aspects of graphic design and then let you play around with the exercises (Valerie N, ★★★★★).
- I took the second course and can say the lectures were quite engaging and informational. The examples used by the instructor to explain different concepts were great (Gail W, ★★★★★).
- The second course was very interesting and well presented. The assignments were really helpful for the learning process. I can recommend this course or even the specialization to all those interested in web design (Mariana B, ★★★★★).
- I was able to learn a lot from the “Introduction to typography” course as it helped me understand the value of typography that it adds to graphic designing (Mohammed TA, ★★★★★).
- I took this third course from the specialization and can say that it is a strong foundational course for the perceptive student. I can say if one is able to complete the assignments with self-discipline and patience then a lot can be gained from the course (Miki A, ★★★★★).
- The third course was great and the teachers were quite engaging and passionate who managed to deliver excellent course material. The assessment format was great with feedback and grading from peers. Indeed it was an inspiring course (D Michelle H, ★★★★★).
- The forth course in the specialization turned out to be quite engaging. I have been interested in graphic design for so long now but never got the time to understand its fundamentals. But thanks to this course for helping me out. The assignments, the lecture videos, and everything else was great (Jil C, ★★★★★).
- The forth course was excellent and I was able to learn a lot from it. With the help of this course, I was able to recognize and converse about topics in arts and graphics. I want to recommend this course to those interested in arts and graphic design (Karla VA, ★★★★★).
- The final course turned out to be the most engaging. The logo/icon development and overall production seemed very interesting. The videos were clear and concise and helpful in gaining insight to the overall process of graphic design. I really want to thank the instructors for putting in so much effort (Haewon S, ★★★★★).
- Taking this specialization was a real pleasure. This specialization gave me the opportunity to learn all about graphic design in the best possible manner. Coursera is indeed a great platform that offers high quality courses to help start a career in a field of your choice (Anonymous learner, ★★★★★).
- The final course taught me well how graphic designers think and what are the rules they apply at their work. I would say that, if you really want to start a career in this field, then you need to take this specialization very seriously as it had genuine information to offer (Stefano S, ★★★★★).
- The first course was fine but the lectures were too short to understand anything clearly (Michael K, ★★☆☆☆).
- The forth course didn’t turn out to be what I expected it to be. It only seemed like the instructor was reading a script and not explaining anything (Catherine Fern, ★★☆☆☆).
- Google via Coursera
- 6 months of effort required
- 142,807+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (7,541 Ratings)
- Alejandro Enciso via Udemy
- 846+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★☆ (70 Reviews)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.