- Who is a Digital Marketer?
- Key Job Responsibilities of a Digital Marketer
- Required Qualification/Education
- What makes you qualified for this job?
- Top Companies/Organizations Hiring Digital Marketers
- Digital Marketer Salary Statistics
Who is a Digital Marketer?
A digital marketer is known to be an individual who has to promote a business and its products through online channels. These channels can be a website, an app, or social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, etc. To be able to perform well, digital marketers have to have extensive knowledge of social media, search engines, websites, and online advertisements and how they can help generate sales.
When we talk about digital marketing, it usually combines the roles of creativity, data analysis, and social advertising. These roles combine to make a strategy that can help businesses boom. There are some digital marketers who take care of the entire online activities of an organization. While others may only specialize in a niche digital marketing role.
This article is all about explaining who a digital marketer is, the key responsibilities, skills required, and other details relevant to this job title.
Key Job Responsibilities of a Digital Marketer
As a digital marketer, you are required to:
- Plan and execute the entire digital marketing campaign. This includes SEO/SEM, emails, social media, advertising campaigns, and so much more.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies and find ways to make things work for the organization that result an increase in sales.
- Identify trends and insights and optimize performance based on the insights.
- Evaluate all the emerging technologies and offer new perspective to leadership for adoption, wherever required.
- Measure and report the performance of all the active digital marketing campaigns. You need to assess ROI and KPIs carefully.
- Plan, execute, and measure different experiments and conversion tests and make sure everything is running smoothly.
- Design, build, and maintain social media presence effectively.
- Furthermore, collaborate with internal teams and work together to optimize the user experience.
- Evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Collaborate with different agencies and other vendor partners and make sure they are on the same page.
There may be other tasks or responsibilities as well but that depends on where you are working and how large or small the organization is.
If you are planning on becoming a digital marketer then the minimum degree required to enter the field is a BS in marketing or any other relevant field. With that, a Master’s degree in a relevant field or earning a certification can help you make your way up through the top.
Relevant In-demand Certifications:
- 100-101: Meta Certified Digital Marketing Associate
- 200-101: Meta Certified Marketing Science Professional
- Meta via Coursera
- 133,668+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (10,364 Ratings)
What makes you qualified for this job?
Aside from earning a degree or certification, the thing that helps you most to succeed is the skills you possess. Below we have listed down some of the hard and soft skills required by a digital marketer.
- A good understanding of data analytics is required as it is the utilization of functional procedures and modern software to gather and process information from various sources.
- The ability to manage SEM and display advertising campaigns is required.
- Similarly, a digital marketer has to be highly capable to target audiences and devise digital campaigns which can engage, inform, and motivate.
- A very good understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is important as it involves strategies that can be applied to monitor and maximize customer experience.
- Thorough understanding of Search Engine Optimization is a very important skill to possess.
- Experience in digital marketing is required.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools including WebTrends, Google Analytics, and Omniture is important.
- Similarly, a digital marketer has to stay updated on the latest trends and best practices in online marketing.
- Moreover, complete know-how of ad serving tools including DART and Atlas is important.
- With that, strong data-driven thinking is required.
- The ability to communicate with the audience and make them buy your product is important to possess.
Top Companies/Organizations Hiring Digital Marketers
According to LinkedIn, digital marketing is among the top 10 most in-demand jobs, with around 860,000 job openings. The most requested experience in digital marketing is social media, SEO, analytics, content strategy, and more.
Top companies like Disruptive Advertising INC, PepsiCo, MAxAudience, WebDX, Markitors, Perfect Search Media, and many others are always looking for different digital marketers or digital marketing roles to hire.
Digital marketers can easily make their way in industries like law, marketing, healthcare, retail, education, automobile, food, entertainment, and many others.
In the end, we can say, if companies really want to overcome the natural evolution of the market and stay one step ahead of their competitors, then they need to embrace new trends and advanced business solutions. Digital marketing in this regard has become a fundamental part of this change and the majority of the industries have to depend on it. Therefore, a future as a digital marketer or any other role in digital marketing can be a great career option.
Digital Marketer Salary Statistics
This section contains salary details of a project manager working in different major countries.
|Country||Average Salary (Yearly)|
The average annual salary of a digital marketer working in the US is around $85,056.
If you are working as a digital marketer in Canada, then the average annual salary would be around CA$59,272.
In England, the average annual salary of a digital marketer is £28,641.
In India, a digital marketer can easily make around ₹593,712 annually.
A digital marketer working in Australia can expect to make an average annual salary of A$87,500.
- Please note that mentioned salary stats are as of 11th August, 2022.