As soon as you make a portfolio of yourself and start getting clients, what should be your next step? Should you start doing the work immediately without settling about how you are going to get paid or should first get an assurance that you will be paid in the end. The answer to this is the latter one. Getting an assurance that you will be paid has to be the most important for a freelancer and that is why today we are going to help you take care of this problem. We are going to discuss a number of freelance payment platforms that are not only secured but also works in your country as well.
Get access to complete Freelancing Career Guide and start making money today.
Top 11 Freelance Payment Platforms:
Payoneer is a secure platform to send and receive money from all around the world. Its payment processing time is 3-5 working days and the payment method is accepted in more than 200+ countries with 15+currencies.
- $2.99 for local bank transfer or $15 for USD SWIFT transfer.
- $4 or 1% of the amount you receive for USD and EUR transfers (fees cannot exceed $10).
Paypal is an online payment platform that has 270+million users. Just like payoneer, it takes 3-5 working days for processing the payment and is available in 200 countries available in 26 currencies.
- $0.30 for each US transaction + 2.9% of the amount you receive from the US
- 4.4% for each non-US transaction + fixed fee percentage depending on the country
Skrill is similar to PayPal in many ways but also has its limitations. Skrill enables a user receive and send funds with the help of a bank account or your credit card. Its payment processing time is very fast and unlike PayPal, it supports more than 200 countries with 40 currencies. This is a reasonable platform for freelancers all around the world.
- A transfer fee equal to 1.9% of total transaction capped at 20$.
This is the most effective payment platform for a truly international freelancer. It offers global payment options and also supports different languages and currencies.
- 2.9% for domestic.
- 3.9% for international plus $0.30 fee per transaction.
Stripe is a type of payment platform that specializes in handling payments within an internet business. With the help of this platform, a user can schedule your money transfer dates for an automatic transfer process without any limit specified. It takes 5-10 business days for payment processing and is available in 20+countries dealing with 135+ currencies.
- 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction is charged if your business receives under $1 million per year.
Authorize.net is a highly secured payment platform that prevents any type of fraudulent activities and is suitable for small to medium scale businesses. It also accepts other digital payment options like PayPal, Apple Pay and Visa Checkout.
- It charges 2.9% plus additional $0.30 per transaction.
- International transactions are charged an extra 1.5% for each transaction.
7. Payline Data:
This is an all-in-one merchant account that has known to be prodigious for freelancers. It also provides mobile phone credit card processing to the freelancer if he has to work with client in-person.
- Average business is expected to pay between 2.05% to 2.25% plus $0.30 per transaction.
Like payline, due is also known to be a great option for freelancers because it lets a freelancer track time for hourly jobs and also make invoices. It also provides with a digital wallet.
- It has a flat rate transaction fe that is 2.7% for both international and domestic credit cards.
Propay aims to provide a secure payment platform for freelancers and different industries. It has a ProtectPay solution that makes sure that the sensitive data stays safe leading to a secure payment process.
- It charges 2.69% plus $0.30 per transaction.
Among all the payment platforms there are for freelancers, escrow has turned to be the best as it has been designed specifically for freelancers. It has this feature where a freelancer won’t start the work unless the funds are deposited in the account. As soon as the funds are deposited by the client, the freelancer can then start the work and is able to receive it once the work is completed.
- The fee is calculated on the basis of the purchase price and the service level chosen and also the type of the currency chosen for the transaction.
11. Google Wallet:
Google wallet is also a very reasonable and helpful payment platform for freelancers. It is used to accept free money transfers and can also be used to send money on other payment platforms. This service is available in 30 different countries.
Google wallet fee:
- Google wallet charges 2.9% for credit cards.
We have done the hard part for you by listing out all the best freelance payment platforms for freelancers. Now what you need to do is take a good look at all the above platforms and then decide for yourself which platform is most suitable for you.