- University of Colorado via Coursera
- 9,223+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (618 Ratings)
Taught by the best instructors, this specialization by the University of Colorado allows you to bridge the gap between an easy theory and a complex application. Here you will learn the three most important yet critical success components required for executing the complexity of Agile in practice. This includes change management, neuroscience of change, and social psychology. Similarly, the courses in this specialization will also help you become an agile leader. You will learn to build agile teams by using agile philosophy and scrum tools and so much more in detail.
Related: Best + Free Agile Leadership Courses & Certifications
|Online Course Effectiveness Score|
- The offered content is insightful and clear.
- The courses are presented in a practical manner and have informational content.
- The exercises/quizzes in courses were also helpful.
- Offers useful tools to apply in real life.
What will you learn in this Specialization?
Enrolling in this specialization will help you;
- Understand how to apply Agile Principles and Philosophy within your team and organization.
- You will learn to develop change resilience at a personal, team, and organization level.
- Similarly, you will be taught how and why change management approaches emerged in the business world.
- Next, you will learn to not only transform yourself but your team and organization from traditional to Agile.
Courses in Agile Leadership Specialization
There are 5 courses in this specialization and below are its details;
Agile Leadership: Introduction to Change (★★★★★ 4.7 | 647 ratings | 170 reviews)
This is the foundational course in the specialization that helps you build an understanding of key agile leadership concepts. You will be taught how to analyze the extent to which an organization is agile. Similarly, you will learn to evaluate the ability to respond to change triggers.
Agile Leader Training (★★★★★ 4.7 | 207 ratings | 50 reviews)
The second course in the specialization will help you learn the neuroscience of change. You will understand why we are so change-averse and how to train for change resilience. Similarly, you will develop a practice to help you prepare for changes in your personal life and career as well.
Developing an Agile Team (★★★★★ 4.8 | 153 ratings | 32 reviews)
This course will help you understand what influences human behavior in teams by taking a look at social psychology. You will learn to evaluate your team’s level of change resilience and agility.
Agile Organization (★★★★★ 4.7 | 123 ratings | 29 reviews)
The fourth course will introduce you to seven different change management theories. Here you will learn to use them and apply them in practice in the best possible manner. In addition, you will be taught how to scale Agile in your organization.
Agile Leadership Capstone (★★★★★ 4.9 | 90 ratings | 22 reviews)
The final project will take you through a guided journey by putting together a comprehensive agile transformation packet. You will be taught how to apply the concepts and tools covered in the first four courses in this project.
Pros and Cons:
- Helps developing agile leadership skills.
- Excellent rating of 4.7
- Updated information on the current global economy.
- Great teaching methodology.
- Shorter videos.
- Irrelevant mcqs.
What People Are Saying About this Course:
Let’s take a look at the feedback which learners have given about this course;
- I took the first course and found it to be exceptional. The content quality was superior and I am very much satisfied with the instructor. She seemed passionate and knowledgeable. All the taught lessons were well structured and motivate us to further dive into the course. (Aristeidis p, ★★★★★).
- This first course is an excellent one and turned out to be an eye opener for me with respect to business. The course focuses on the need to become an agile leader with agile teams in an agile organization. I believe this course has taught me well the need for agility is very important for today’s business competitive advantage. (James T, ★★★★★).
- I took the second course and would strongly recommend it to all those involved in business and product development. The quality of the content, the materials and methodology, and everything else were great. (Luis M, ★★★★★).
- The second course was great and I absolutely loved learning from it. The big parts of the course go way beyond Agile. I have found Oxana to be an excellent teacher. The course has to-the-point information and good exercises to follow. Overall great work. (Rudolf S, ★★★★★).
- The third course turned out to be exceptional. The content was great and well-presented by Ms. Trotsenko. I really feel like this course has taught me how to become an agile leader and equipped me with some useful tools to apply in real life. (Stavroula S, ★★★★★).
- The approach and concept of the third course are great and practical. The overall course is informative and has very engaging content. (Ana L, ★★★★★).
- The lecture videos in the second course were very shallow. I was expecting more readings and materials to go deeper into the subject but sadly that wasn’t the case. (Ivan L, ★☆☆☆☆).
- The third course in the specialization had less detail in it and I wasn’t expecting that. The instructor could have added more interesting content in the course. (Ivan LR, ★★☆☆☆).
Is this Specialization worth taking?
After reviewing the available content, we believe this specialization offers a succinct yet thorough overview of how to incorporate agile philosophies and practices into a team environment. The courses are great and provide valuable practical tools for facilitating an agile mindset. So, if you are interested in becoming an agile leader then this specialization is the best one can ever enroll in.
If you think somehow this specialization (or courses) is not what you’re looking for then we also have some alternatives for you to consider.
Agile Leadership Principles
This course is similar to our main choice as it also talks about agile leadership and how you can become an excellent agile leader. Starting the course, you will be taught the key roles of agile. Then you will learn to build self-organizing teams for agile projects. Similarly, the instructor will explain how to facilitate leadership and talks about the power of play. After that, you will understand the different negotiation styles and techniques and so much more in detail.
Agile Project Leadership
This intermediate level course also explains all about agile leadership just like our main choice. Here you will understand why leadership is important in agile environments. You will understand all about the traditional leadership functions in detail. Next, you will understand how agile leadership is different. With that, you will learn to transform yourself into an agile leader. Similarly, you will understand how to establish team values and apply organizational strategy. Thus this course is perfect for those who wish to understand all about agile leadership.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.