What to do after 10th? This is the major concern of every student after passing the 10th standard. Choosing the right stream after 10th will change your whole life. On the other hand, choosing the wrong path will affect your career and your life.
This stage of life of every student is confusing, stressful and challenging. Sometimes students may choose the wrong field under the pressure of their parents, friends etc. So let me tell you about three things that you need to clear in your mind before choosing the stream after the 10th.
- Choose according to your Interest
- Do proper Research
- Take counselling of professionals/seniors
There are many options available to choose from after the 10th. This is like buying the best phone from the various available brand options in the market. In this article, you will get to know the best option after the 10th in which you can choose according to your interest and chase your dream.
Streams available after 10th:
|Engineering||Chartered Account||Hotel Management|
|Medicine||Company Secretary||Home Science|
The majority of students choose Science after 10th some of them prefer it according to their concern and some in the burdens of their family members. Although there is a wide scope of career options available in science. The benefit of choosing science is you can shift to any other stream like commerce and arts after science that is not allowable to other streams.
- PCM (Non-Medical)
- PCB (Medical)
The reason for choosing science will be
- Science streams have broader career choices for you where you can accomplish your goals and become a doctor, engineer, scientist tomorrow. Also, it provides reasonable knowledge and experience of the real world.
- The subjects in science like mathematics, biology form applicable aptitudes in you that enhance the perceptivity of your mind.
- This will be a promising career option for you because the science streams students are permitted to be employed in any sector. The scope of a science bachelor’s degree is more extensive than a commerce and arts bachelor degree.
Courses in Science Streams
JEE stands for the joint entrance examination. It is an entrance exam where the students have to clear the exam so they can further persist in the undergraduate course in the top engineering college in India. It is categorized into two courses.
- JEE (Main)
- JEE (Advance)
Each year a large number of students attempt the JEE(Main) exam in which only a limited number get selected in the colleges like IIT and NIT. The seats in the colleges are predetermined and the students who score well will be granted admission to these colleges which are worth for the future placement purpose. Students who got qualified in JEE(Main) can further be eligible for JEE(Advanced) exam.
JEE main exams are conducted by the national testing agency every year four times. The period will be January to May from the beginning of every year.
|Subjects||Physics, Maths, Chemistry compulsory subjects should appear in the qualifying exam.|
|Age Limit||There is no age barrier but students who pass the 12th or come across for the 12th equivalent exam can give the jee main entrance exam.|
|How many times can a student appear in the JEE main?||The student is not entitled to give more than 6 times the main exam.|
JEE advance is much more difficult than the JEE main entrance exam. The students who appeared JEE main can sit in the JEE advance exams. The purpose of JEE advance is the same to pursue the undergraduate course in the top universities(IITs) of India.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advance:
- Qualifying exam. Students must pass the 12th examination stream of science and score 75%.
- Required Subject. The subjects necessary are chemistry, mathematics, physics.
- Students can undertake the JEE advance two times in the two continuous years.
- Should be qualified in the JEE main.
If science is chosen by a majority of students then commerce is loved by the majority of students. Commerce has a wide career opportunity for students. If you have an interest in economics, analyzing and dealing with data then go for commerce.
Commerce is the study of marketing and business. It has a susceptible subject as compared to the science stream also there are various career options available in the commerce stream.
- The growth in the commerce field is broad you can select from any option like CA, Financial Banker, MBA
- Commerce enhances knowledge from the business perspective. You can further join your family business after pursuing a bachelor or diploma in commerce.
- There is a greater demand for the commerce field and growth possibilities always remain high.
Courses in Commerce
IPMAT stands for an integrated programme management aptitude test. This is a five-year plan for pursuing a BBA and MBA, a dual degree of the bachelors as well as a masters program offered by one of the top universities of India, the Indian Institute of Management Indore.
IPMA is the gateway to get admission in the three top institutes of India IIM Indore, IIM Rohtak, IIM Nirma university. This is the dream of any student to get admission in IIM to achieve their goal and get a better placement.
There are many reason to go for IPMAT course
- Dual degree. IPMAT is a five year integrated programme that provides dual degrees of bachelor’s as well as masters.
- Career opportunity. IPM is a brand itself. The importance of IPM in India is on the top level. This will lead you to growth and open several doors for career opportunities.
- Placement. Placement is the one of major goals most of the students drive for IPM. Main companies hire on the high package to the IPM students.
- This is the promising path if you are enthusiastic in business. IIM provides higher education to their students that will enable them to enhance their skills and awareness in business and marketing.
Eligibility for IPMAT
|Age limit||General– The candidate should be born in August 2001 will be competent for a 5-year integrated program
Sc/St– The candidate should be born in or after August, 1996
|Percentage(%)||General – The candidate should obtain a minimum of 60% in 12th
Sc/St– The candidate is expected to have a minimum of 55% in 12th
|Qualifying exams||General– The candidate must be passed in 12th
Sc/St– This criteria is the equal as General classification students
Preparation for the IPMAT
- For cracking IPMAT the candidate should concentrate on verbal and quantitative ability level, you should prepare by pointing to grammar, vocabulary.
- You can join the best coaching for ipmat centre for the classes.
- Prepare by yourself, read books and focus on your strengths and weaknesses. Take the reference of previous years papers and prepare accordingly.
- The most crucial thing is motivation. You should be focused and inspired through conducting the ipmat course because this is one of the most difficult aptitude tests of India but the rewards are satisfying.
Cat stands for common admission test conducted by the Indian Institute of management. The purpose of cat is to grant admission to the top universities of India. This is an online test that has three sections which are computer-based tests. Students have to secure the maximum percentage to be eligible for IIM admissions.
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks
- The undergraduate degree is a must for qualifying for the Cat exam.
Arts is a very traditional and well-known stream among students. The arts stream is susceptible as compared to science and commerce. This stream provides various employment opportunities to the students. The subjects in the arts are mathematics, English, History etc.
The mentality of people is most common in the path of arts. People feel arts have no scope. The arts stream students are mostly teased by the science and commerce students. This is wrong! Arts has also widened career options available like Hotel management, journalism also you can prepare for civil services like UPSC.
- The study of arts stream is more manageable often you can focus on other activities also
- This field provides a high paying career options like fashion designing, digital marketing, LLB
- The subject in arts streams like history, political science will enhance your knowledge and you will get to know about the history of India, economy etc.