The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner is provided by Project Management Institute (PMI) which is greatly known to be a global non-profit professional organization that is for project management. This institute was established in the year 1969 and since its inception, it has been serving a large number of professionals. At present, the number of people that are associated with this institute is 2.9 million which includes more than 500,000 members that are from across 208 different countries and territories from all around the world.
Services provided by the PMI:
Following are the services provided by the Project Management Institute:
• Development of different standards.
• Providing accreditation in project management.
• Networking opportunities in local chapters and hosting seminars and training sessions.
PMI Agile Certified Practitioner:
ACP is the acronym of Agile Certified Practitioner. This certification is known to be provided by our well-esteemed institution that is, the PMI. That is why we call this certification as the PMI-ACP.
We can say that ACP is a high-level certification that is a combination of two things:
- Agile training working on agile projects.
- Examining agile fundamentals and tools.
The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner is considered to be the most adopted certification by the professionals and it is without any doubt a true fact that organizations that have PMI-ACP professionals tend to be more responsive to the market dynamics and complete the projects at a much faster and better rate than the ones without this certification.
The PMI-ACP spans many different approaches to agile such as the
• Extreme programming (XP).
• Test-driven development (TDD).
This means that this certification will only help a professional to develop versatile skills in order to deal with any kind of project that he is assigned by the organization.
Are you interested to take PSM Practice Exam? If Yes click here PSM Certification Dumps.
Following are the prerequisites for the PMI-ACP certification:
• 2000 hours of experience in the general project working along with a team.
• 1500 hours of work experience on agile project teams or with different agile methodologies.
• Lastly, 21 contact hours of training in agile practices.
What is the cost of the PMI – Agile Certified Practitioner certification?
The cost varies for those who are a member of the PMI and those who are not:
• For PMI members the cost is 435 US dollars.
• For non-members, the cost is 495 US dollars.
Who should apply to get this type of certification?
This certification has to be earned by all those professionals who are working in agile teams or are in such an organization where agile practices are being adopted regularly. For all such professionals, getting a PMI-ACP certification will be an excellent choice. This will not only help the professional to become better and interact with the team members more effectively but will also put a great impact on that professional’s resume thereby leading to a promotion or even a better opportunity.
What is the pattern of the exam?
Before taking the exam, a person must have knowhow about the format of the exam so here it is:
- The exam contains a total of 120 multiple-choice questions.
- There are 100 scored questions and 20 unscored ones.
- The questions are broken down into 7 domains. Agile Principles and Mindset (16%), Value-driven Delivery (20%), Stakeholder
- Engagement (17%), Team Performance (16%), Adaptive Planning (12%), Problem Detection and Resolution (10%), and Continuous Improvement (9%).
- A person will have a full three hours to complete the exam.
- According to the trainers of the PMI-ACP, the passing rate of the exam is 70%.
- A professional for maintaining his PMI-ACP must earn 30 professional development units (PDUs) in agile topics once every three years.
How to get PMI-ACP certification?
Following are the steps to become PMI-ACP certified:
• The first step is to register to become the PMI member. You have to pay a fee to become a member. Which is $139 but this is optional. It only saves you the exam cost by $60.
• If you don’t want to be a member of PMI then you can simply apply for the PMI-ACP certification by paying the fees that is $495 for non-members.
• Then you need to take the PMI-ACP exam prep course in order to fulfil the 21 contact hours (PDUs) education requirement.
• Submit your PMI-ACP application through the PMI website along with the fee.
• Schedule your exam with Pearson VUE.
• You have 1 year to take the exam once it has been approved.
• The moment a person passes the exam, he has become a PMI-ACP professional for three years.
|#||Course Name||Instructor Name||Duration|
The above-mentioned information is enough for a person to know everything about the PMI-ACP. So if you are a professional who works in an agile environment or happens to be in an organization that uses agile practices then you definitely need to update your profession by getting this PMI-ACP certification.
Thus all you need to do is go to the website and apply for the exam and make sure you prepare well for the exam because it demands a broad understanding of agile methodology and practices.