- EIT Food | DIL eV via FutureLearn
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- Length: 4 Weeks
- Effort: 3 hours per week
- 3,825+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (25 Ratings)
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Language: English
Have you ever wondered how your food is processed before it reaches your plate? Find out with this online course.
Food processing isn’t a new concept, however, many people might not understand how and why it happens. On this course, you will improve your knowledge of food processing technologies and build confidence in the processed foods on the market.
You will cover the history of food processing, from its origins to current modern industrial processes. You will explore the advantages and disadvantages of food processing technologies and understand their impact on health, safety, quality, and sustainability. Upon competing this course, you will feel empowered to make more informed decisions about the food you eat.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Explore the principles of food processing and gain an understanding of both traditional and modern industrial techniques
- Justify the importance of food processing to society in terms of health, safety, quality and sustainability
- Engage with the debate on how beneficial certain processing techniques are to human health
- Evaluate EU law and regulations
- Reflect on the challenges of feeding growing populations safely and sustainably
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in learning more about the food they eat.
The Educator team won’t be available to answer questions or respond to your comments during this course. However, we encourage you to interact and support each other by posting your thoughts and comments and sharing your knowledge with other learners
Week 1: Why do we process food?
Week 2: How do we process food?
Week 3: How is the food industry innovating?
Week 4: How does the EU ensure our food is safe, nutritious and sustainable?
More Related Courses:
- EIT Food | Universita Degli Studi Di Torino via FutureLearn
- 4 Weeks (3 hours weekly) of effort required
- 13,789+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (93 Ratings)
- EIT Food | Queen’s University Belfast via FutureLearn
- 5 Weeks (4 hours weekly) of effort required
- 1,144+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★☆ (5 Ratings)
- EIT Food | University of Reading via FutureLearn
- 3 Weeks (3 hours weekly) of effort required
- 3,181+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (44 Ratings)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.