This is business in a nutshell; learn key concepts and frameworks that underpin business.
- 6 weeks long
- 3-5 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- Taught by: Elicia Salzberg, Lecturer, Law and Business Communications Group
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
Do you speak “business”? You will. This course is designed to give you the terminology, concepts and frameworks necessary to understand businesses, to unpack their constituent parts, and to build your own tool-kit for strategy and decision-making.
Whether you are just starting out or looking to fine tune your education, this course introduces basic concepts and frameworks that can be applied across markets, at all levels of business. The course kicks off with core value propositions and moves through a business model framework, competition and macro environmental tools, theories of disruption, basic accounting literacy and concludes with an integrated look at business functions.
This course, part of the Business Fundamentals MicroMasters program, sets the stage with a big picture perspective on business.
What you’ll learn:
- How to break a company down into its main components and activities
- How disruption happens in an industry
- The basics of industry competitive dynamics
- Basic financial statement literacy
- How different business functions work and integrate