Anime is a very popular animation and a drawing style that originated in Japan. It is an art form or specifically an animation that includes in it all genres which are found in cinema but can also be mistakenly classified as a genre. The thing that makes anime heroes unique and beautiful is the hair and eyes and that is why you should be careful while drawing these facial characters. There are different anime drawing ideas which one can use and today we are here with some anime drawing ideas to draw anime.
- Anime Drawing Ideas
- Final Thoughts
Manga Art School: Anime Art and Manga Character Drawing Course
- Scott Harris via Udemy
- 24,839 already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (3,865 Ratings)
Anime Drawing Ideas:
The first thing you need to do is draw the head and face and for that, you need to follow these steps.
How to Draw an Anime Head and Face:
- First, you need to draw an oval and then divide it into 4 equal sections. Know that this oval is going to be the basic outline of your anime character’s head so draw it with great precision. The proportions on the other side don’t have to be exact but do make the oval narrower at the bottom as that will be the chin. You might be interested in 10 Best Anime Art Courses Online.
- Next, you need to draw eyes below the horizontal line that you have made in the first step. Eyes in anime characters are something that makes them different from the regular cartoon characters. The anime eyes are quite big and exaggerated and are usually taking about ¼ to 1/5 of the height of the face. The tip here is to first draw the thick upper lash line just underneath the horizontal line that you have drawn and on one side of the vertical line. Next, draw a semicircle that is coming down off the upper lash line. Lastly, draw a big black pupil just in the center of the eye.
- Then sketch the eyebrows above the horizontal line. You need to draw a long downward curving line for each eyebrow here to make it look more realistic.
- Similarly, for the nose, you need to start from halfway between the horizontal line and the chin.
- For the mouth, you need to make sure that it is drawn halfway between the nose and chin. For ears, the step is very basic that is, adding ears to the side of the head. There are no special instructions or ideas to draw an anime ear. You might be also interested in 10 Best Cute Cartoon Characters Drawing Classes & Courses.
- The last step is to draw hair on your character’s head. You can choose whatever style you like but generally, anime hair has pointed ends and distinct sections. So, you can draw short or medium, or buzzed hairstyle to make it look more real.
And thus this is the best and easy way or anime drawing idea you can apply for making an anime face.
Anime Art Drawing for Beginners
- Pluvias via Udemy
- 11,409 already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (2,470 Ratings)
Character Design MADE EASY with Moho & Anime Studio
- Jeremy Alexander, McCoy Buck via Udemy
- 2,227 already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (125 Ratings)
Ideas to Sketch an Anime Body:
Earlier we shared some ideas regarding how to draw an anime head and face. Now here, we will share some ideas regarding how you can draw an anime body with perfection.
- First, you need to draw a stick-figure outline of your character’s body. You need to draw straight lines for the arms, torso, and legs. The tip here is to make the arms and torso similar in length and then make the legs 1/3 longer. After that, you can draw triangles or ovals for hands and feet. You can make the hands about 1/5 the length of the arm and feet 1/6 the length of the legs.
- Then you need to outline the general shapes of your character’s body. Here you are supposed to represent the different parts of the body through basic shapes.
- Similarly, in the next step, you are supposed to connect and refine the general shapes that you have drawn in the first step. The best way to make your anime look more realistic is to refine the different body parts like hands, hips, shoulders, and neck.
- In the final step, just erase the stick-figure outline and the shapes you drew. But be careful while erasing so that you don’t remove any of the refined final outlines.
Beginner Moho Pro/Anime Studio: 2D Illustration-Animation
- Brian Jackson via Udemy
- 5,919 already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (167 Ratings)
Hence these were some of the tips or anime drawing ideas that can be of great help while drawing an anime character. So, read this anime drawing ideas topic in detail now and never stop learning.