Learn, from Google experts, the Android app development process and how to use Android Studio, as you create and develop your own apps.
- 6 weeks long
- 8-10 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Ugpradable
- Taught by: Adrián Catalán, Noe Branagan, Maria Isabel Palomar Bernardino, Byron Ajin, John Chávez
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
This course is designed for students who are new to programming, and want to learn how to develop Android apps. You’ll learn how to create an Android project with Android Studio and run a debuggable version of the app. You’ll also learn some Android architecture and the key principles underlying its design. You will gain an understanding of the processes that are involved in an Android developed application and you will become familiar with Android development tools and user interface. By the end of the course, you’ll build two simple apps that you can share with your friends.
Our Android course is taught by a group of Google developer experts who create innovative mobile apps.
This course is part of the GalileoX Android Developer MicroMasters Program and is specifically designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field and to prepare you to take the Google Associate Android Developer Certification exam. To qualify for the MicroMasters Credential you will need to earn a Verified Certificate in each of the four courses as well as a Final Project.
What you’ll learn
- Identify different techniques to plan, design and prototype your mobile apps before writing any code
- Thoroughly understand the App life cycle and its main components
- Create a graphical user interface (GUI)
- Implement a custom application theme
- Define a RecyclerView item list
- Implement menu-based or drawer navigation
- Integrate code from an external support library
- Schedule a time-sensitive task using alarms
- Schedule a background task using Job Scheduler
- Designing and building a functional Android application
- Debugging Android applications using different tools and plugins
- Setting up and understanding your Android Development Environment
- Register and publishing on Play Store